Ivy

harvey b davison

Hi, what is the best method to kill off ivy. On my bit of land i have 2 tallish trees that are being slowly killed due to being swamped by ivy. If you need pics i can post them tomoro. The trees are roughly 60 feet tall if not more and the ivy has reached the very top. I inherited this mess when we bought the land.:confused1:

I do see the benefits of ivy ecologically speaking but it does swamp trees when it covers it like that

Cutting at source will definitely stop it

I know a lot of people don't like stripping ivy out of trees because it's a pain but I find it quite satisfying

once you get it started (depending on how it has grown) you can tear big lumps off to start then pick the branches clean with a silky

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.