Harkie ascend...?

Bing!

Thinking of replacing my Dragonfly with a Harkie ascend, does anyone have one of these? I know harnesses are a personnel thing but are there any major issues with it?

I like the lightweight minimilism of the Petzls but they are to invasive around the sensitive parts for my liking, the Harkie feels similar but without as much crushing/separating.....!

Your thoughts please.

Bing!

Thinking of replacing my Dragonfly with a Harkie ascend, does anyone have one of these? I know harnesses are a personnel thing but are there any major issues with it?

I like the lightweight minimilism of the Petzls but they are to invasive around the sensitive parts for my liking, the Harkie feels similar but without as much crushing/separating.....!

Your thoughts please.

Bing!

I thought the same about the Sequoia when I first tried it, but by adjusting the leg loops a few times I avoided the knacker-cracking. Like you, love the minimalism, and used to have a Dragonfly before that.

Can't comment on the Harkie, never tried one.

If your used to a dragon fly try a skylotec has rigid leg loops make it very comfortable and if your used to a seat it may work out for you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I have a Dragonfly and love it. I tried a Skylotec and hated it.

Just shows how much of a personal thing it is. 😊

Thanks for the replies, The harkie review was good to read and good to see that notice has been taken. Sounds like the customer service is good too, I assume that the new/upgraded buckles would be in place for a new harness now?

Buckles can be a sticking point, my dragonfly has a tendancey to loosen off over a climb so after an hour or so I have to stop and re tighten everything.

I'm thinking I will give the Harkie a go.

Thanks again.

Bing!

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great Harness.

I got given one of the early ones to test/destroy and Harkie changed and improved all the bits i didn't like and strengthened the bits that broke. (superficial bits i should add)

I've been climbing on the final version for a year now and love it , it hasn't missed a beat and isn't showing its age.

I liked the Butterfly but it wasn't very comfortable , hated the Tree Austria , loved the Tree Motion but my work wouldn't supply one of those. Found the Sequoia and the Skylotec uncomfortable. Harkie is bob-on for me.

My only gripe now is i wish the bridge was a little longer but thats me being fussy.

dude if you're considering a harkie get the dragon: Dragon Harness - £159.00 - Harnesses - Arborist Equipment & Forestry Kit - Stafford West Midlands

its the same harness without the carri-tool plus it has a 1st aid slot on the back, made by the same manufac' so save your-self a packet and get the dragon x

I don't think this is the same harness. It has the buckles that the original Harkie had, ie: the ones that open by accident. The new Harkie apparently has the same buckles as the Treemotion. (& a Caritool).

I don't think a saving of £60 or so represents good value for a harness that doesn't work.

You pays your money.......