A little bit of crane work!

Theocus

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, the tractor is not mine but we contract in a local guy on big jobs, its so much easier as he can take huge pieces away.

A song really makes a video, its funny how if i cahnge to sound track how the dynamics of the video change. Groove Armarda track seemed to work really well.

I really enjoyed the prospective from the crane hook block. Its the first craning video where I have been able to see exactly how the climber rigs up the slings for each lift.

The machinery on the ground is perfectly balanced as well, definitely not over kill, just pure german efficiency. I'm not in the industry myself, but its action in videos like this that make me want to be involved, even it were only to be raking up the twiggy brash to start with!

Flipping good video of some flipping good work. It's great when you have all the kit to do a job as quickly and efficiently as that. Do you still have Sean Davies working for you?

Yes, did you not spot him at the start cutting the bits of Beech.

Thank you for all your comments, i always try and work smart on our sites, no one should need to break their backs lifting. We also reduced 3 other trees and took that one down in one day. Its did involve a full road closure and big diversion and also a powerline shutdown and lines removal. It took a huge amount of planning but came good at the end.