So? Which is the best value?

difflock

Either

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,44,/44939/Valmet.htm

Or

JCB, Articulated Forklift, #41789 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale

I have looked at the wee Valmets before on this site and was tickled to see one of them on Marshall's stand at the APF.

They had a very good word on its capabilities, the relatively small wheels would be my only concern.

But then the JCB is a big heavy cumbersome brute without a PTO.

Sigh.

as an ex serviceman I would be a little wary of the valtra, being an ex RAF one its more than likely to have spent its life in an ESA(bomb dump) and as such will have been abused by the dumpys(dont ask!!!!) the jcb will probably have spent its life loading stores onto hook life pallets and had an easier life, but depending on what you want it for, the valtra has probably never had anything other than the weight on its rear linkage or run the pto, whearas the jcb will never have been used near its limits. you really need to inspect them before you contemplate buying from withams

I understood the Valtras were bought to service the Harriers when deployed in Germany, on zero/minimal runways hence the need for an Ag tractor based unit.

From what I recall.

Marshalls man did mention that they had another much rougher example also bought from Withams, it had seen us & abuse in the Gulf.

I was spited I did not think to pop over to Withams before calling at the APF.

Always good for a drool, but with hands kept firmly in pockets.

The bugger is getting the odd pallet of stuff collected and del to NI.

Yous mainlanders are well spoilt:biggrin:

sigh

Valtra!

It's just much more versatile and if you spend another grand or two on some decent wheels and tyres it'll cope with the peat nicely I would say, It's relatively low weight being a major advantage. No pick up hitch which means a little more jumping on and of if you're moving trailers etc but then again you do get a little extra ground clearance.

The JCB is a bit of a one trick pony really, and when you get it stuck it'll take some serious machinery to get it out again.