Are logs worth doing anymore ?

gensetsteve

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52.50 was for a mixed load. I suggested a half load or pure softwood to no avail. You will not believe the number round here doing logs now, somehow i have just got to sit tight?

Dont ever let one customer make you adjust your pricing downwards, your way way to cheap. If I were you I would increase my prices. I have put my prices up this year and not had one single complaint or failed order.

Dont ever let one customer make you adjust your pricing downwards, your way way to cheap. If I were you I would increase my prices. I have put my prices up this year and not had one single complaint or failed order.

My prices are up on last year. Its price all the way here at the mo, lots of soft and poplar flying about or very small loads. North norfolk is retired or middle class who won't spend. Which don't help me selling a larger seasoned hardwood product.

My prices are up on last year. Its price all the way here at the mo, lots of soft and poplar flying about or very small loads. North norfolk is retired or middle class who won't spend. Which don't help me selling a larger seasoned hardwood product.

Until the temps plummet selling logs round our way is a waste of time. North Hampshire is flooded with people selling logs. Retired middle class are as tight as a ducks **** War babies that were brought up to make do and mend sitting on millions living on thin air so they can leave 99% of their wealth to their off spring. Give them the price smile sweetly and move on as they have all day to haggle a deal and poke around with a moisture meter. No offence if you are a war baby not everyone is like this just the stereo type :biggrin:

Until the temps plummet selling logs round our way is a waste of time. North Hampshire is flooded with people selling logs. Retired middle class are as tight as a ducks **** War babies that were brought up to make do and mend sitting on millions living on thin air so they can leave 99% of their wealth to their off spring. Give them the price smile sweetly and move on as they have all day to haggle a deal and poke around with a moisture meter. No offence if you are a war baby not everyone is like this just the stereo type :biggrin:

Very true and the lots here are up to their necks in all forms of debt having thought the bubble would never burst. They also struggle with a bit of jealously thinking the little old firewood man is now better off than them cos he charges a 'fortune' for his logs!

Very true and the lots here are up to their necks in all forms of debt having thought the bubble would never burst. They also struggle with a bit of jealously thinking the little old firewood man is now better off than them cos he charges a 'fortune' for his logs!

I had a really ignorant one 8 bed mansion Range Rover on the drive. Caused problems in the past, took an order by mistake. Used the tipping trailer for delivery with the Landcruiser Amazon towing it. To say it got up his nose would be an understatement He got the last laugh though when we got home noticed he wrote the cheque for £3 less than should have been. :biggrin: If he reads this he will know why we refuse to deliver logs for the last 3 years.

Some big stereo typing going on now... I suppose no firewood producer has ever used a comparison website to change gas supplier or decided what telly they want on (what's left of) the high street but gone online to find where to buy it at the cheapest price? Why is it so different when the boot is on the other foot. Please don't blame the customer.

After taking all costs into account, if you can't sell at a profit it is time to stop.

Already hearing usual customer talesalong lines of; 'wet load of cheap logs that wont burn' . I then get asked "are yours dry?", once folk know you only sell dry logs, you get them coming back for years, they cant afford to spend on logs that wont burn for a year.

Years ago we used to hear tales of travellers knocking on doors and using our company name to get work, (had a fairly good reputation in those days), which caused huge problems when they did crap job! This week a customer phoned another 'new' log supplier by mistake, who pretended to be me, made me laugh! customer soon realised he'd phoned wrong company and cancelled order...

Some big stereo typing going on now... I suppose no firewood producer has ever used a comparison website to change gas supplier or decided what telly they want on (what's left of) the high street but gone online to find where to buy it at the cheapest price? Why is it so different when the boot is on the other foot. Please don't blame the customer.

After taking all costs into account, if you can't sell at a profit it is time to stop.

Just a bit of steam letting off. 99% of customers are great. You can take the mick out of every generation including mine. Here goes born 1968 missed out on the apprenticeships got stuffed with endowments failed to be a yuppie got caught with 2 negative equities, wont get a pension.:biggrin: