posch s-300

j warwick

HI MATE we only use a posch 26ton splitter as small cord nr us get nick so a processor is no good for 18ins/3ft butts but dalen do one that does 400mm alot cheap then posch and just as good look on the net marshall sale them jon:thumbup:

I have a 20 ton posch splitter at the moment and there isnt much it wont split. I will take a look at the dalen, it does pay to do your homework. Went to the APF with an open mind and posch seemed a very sturdy looking machine compared with others on the market.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI MATE we only use a posch 26ton splitter as small cord nr us get nick so a processor is no good for 18ins/3ft butts but dalen do one that does 400mm alot cheap then posch and just as good look on the net marshall sale them jon:thumbup:

I have a 20 ton posch splitter at the moment and there isnt much it wont split. I will take a look at the dalen, it does pay to do your homework. Went to the APF with an open mind and posch seemed a very sturdy looking machine compared with others on the market.

HI JAMIE the posch 20ton are the best out there for the cash:thumbup1: but thats just what i think :001_rolleyes:like you said it pays to look hard all the best jon :thumbup:

HI JAMIE the posch 20ton are the best out there for the cash:thumbup1: but thats just what i think :001_rolleyes:like you said it pays to look hard all the best jon :thumbup:

I would say when I bought our processor 5 years ago I was underwelmed. Not perfect and not as fast as I thought. But it was second hand and only £3000 . It broke down on a regular basis and often cost £400 in parts. But the last 2.5 years its been fairly trouble free and at times with the right wood has done 6 cu metres in an hour. I think it takes a fair while before you get in tune with the different models. Long term I would say excellent buy and with the new parts and the increaseing cost of new kit still worth 3k. If I decide to get back into logs again I would buy one that could handle 16in possibly a dalen. I think you will grow to love your Posch but you need the right wood under 4" almost a waste of time, over 10" hard work. Arb waste a nightmare good luck with your machine

I would say when I bought our processor 5 years ago I was underwelmed. Not perfect and not as fast as I thought. But it was second hand and only £3000 . It broke down on a regular basis and often cost £400 in parts. But the last 2.5 years its been fairly trouble free and at times with the right wood has done 6 cu metres in an hour. I think it takes a fair while before you get in tune with the different models. Long term I would say excellent buy and with the new parts and the increaseing cost of new kit still worth 3k. If I decide to get back into logs again I would buy one that could handle 16in possibly a dalen. I think you will grow to love your Posch but you need the right wood under 4" almost a waste of time, over 10" hard work. Arb waste a nightmare good luck with your machine

HI STEVE your right there all the best with it jamie jon :thumbup:

HI STEVE your right there all the best with it jamie jon :thumbup:

Thanks John, Steve and Steph for your help. I have the chance to have a day on a Posch 280 even though its slightly smaller there cannot be a massive difference, just to get the hang of things. Then after abit of hands on experience I will decide whether the S-300 our even the processor route is for me. Thanks Jamie:001_smile:

Please post your thoughts post your day here please. The 280 with hyd feed looks nice compared to my manual japa 700. There is a used 300 at Wilsons at present but I am sure you probably have that machine in mind. When I am doing 3m long 250mm + timber on my own that is really tough and so so slow even with a teleporter to load the rack. With the 700 the timber moves into the machine, worked out now that its easier to place the processor closer and lop the logf in half with a chainsaw. A hyd infeed 280 or 300 would stop all that.

A