Mog or Not???

Fat Boy Slimmed

Ag tractors appear to be a very grey area, if one is prepared to run them on clear diesel, should? be OK.

Under Ag regs one is allowed up to 23,490 kg GTW or some such similar figure.

And front linkages are becoming more common.

A wee 200 or 300 series Fendt would be nice.:biggrin:

Otherwise look at the Iveco van series, a 5.2 tonner downplated to 4.750kg with a tidy tipper on the back could still have a payload of going on 2 tonne if I recall off-hand and plenty of volume on the back.

Plus still legally tow 3.5 tonne if driven by a pre 1997 car licence holder.

4750 + 3500 = 8250kg

NIE run a similar spec to tow a 4720 series J dEERE tractor with a PTO chipper, without cab shaving in just under 3500kg on the trailer. This is the reason for no cab, to keep under the 3500kg weight limit.

The 4720 JD is 40 or 45 HP

cheers

m

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you get a 7.5 tonner you can only tow 750kg behind it if you get a mog you need to be ready for the bills.if your upgrading landys why not get 2 transits then you can move what you want to some extent.

Its a tough decission to make to be honest so many options and so many regulations with each option imo

Happy hunting :)

you can tow more than 750kg with a 7.5 tonner with the correct licence.

I suspect the No of C1+E licence holders is low, the sneaky brutes at the DVLA failed to publicise that one required to state the need for the 12,000kg GTW when they changed the rules in 1997.

I was one who did not "twig" and am therefore now restricted to 8250kgGTW.

Like most guys my age with the old car licence/grandfather exemptions.

I suspect that most who are (or leastwise were,as the regs may have changed) doing a lorry test go straight for the C catogory and then C+E.

Certainly I would if I required to drive a truck commercially.

cheers

OOPs Incorrect in my post above, wee 3500kg beavertail about 1750kg but for the tipper varient nearer 1250kg:blushing: