This little piggie got crushed!!

Gareth jones

I drive to the yard in trainers in the morning, then change into boots from

From the back of my car. As i was doing said routine, i get a shout from inside the yard "Oi, Gareth mate! Come give us a hand quick to get the stumpy trailer on" and like a good little lad i sprung from my car boot and pranced over in my light balerina like trainers.. Pulled said trailer "SNAP" goes the jockey wheel "SQUASH" goes my big toe and "****" goes me!

Always stick our boots on.. Will find out soon if its broken as i wrte this on the way to the hospital

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mate of mine did similar thing at the end of the day. His lad hadn't off loaded the trailer as directed, when he went to the yard to load up logs late evening ready for the next mornings delivery. The large beech rings that were on the trailer rolled too easily and as he took of the tailgate one rolled out onto his foot. One broken big toe. Not big or clever. Whenever in the workplace wear the correct ppe, always, only takes a second to incapacitate yourself for days or weeks.

A mate of mine did similar thing at the end of the day. His lad hadn't off loaded the trailer as directed, when he went to the yard to load up logs late evening ready for the next mornings delivery. The large beech rings that were on the trailer rolled too easily and as he took of the tailgate one rolled out onto his foot. One broken big toe. Not big or clever. Whenever in the workplace wear the correct ppe, always, only takes a second to incapacitate yourself for days or weeks.

You are right mate! That one second is all it takes...

Only Whales and Dolphins could hear me screem so

I saved face on that part.

Feel free to add your own stupid mistakes and how they could

Have been avoided! It could be a long wait in the que for me

Managed to catch my finger in the log splitter last December (home made single handed operation). Severed it more than half way through, broken bone and 5 stitches. Could have been avoided by paying attention and making it 2 handed operation. Pure carelessness :blushing:

Hope you have a quick recovery with no lasting damage.

Edited by caledonian bob
more info