wasp nest

bill

i was stripping this conifer a while ago, got near the top then saw that there was a birds nest and a wasp nest in it. the bird would have flown by now but the wasps are still in it. any ideas what i can do with it? i need the cash and want the tree down. i would have thought that the cold would have killed them off by now.

Had a fair bit of experience with wasp nests as used to get them in the loft alot when I were a lad. The way we used to do it, and this was in the height of summer when they were nice and agressive, was saturate the nest with an insecasidale spray just your cheapo supermarket varieties. After that it was a case of thick gloves and something to break it up with an axe a hammer owt like that would do the trick but be ready to descend quickly if many wasps appear. I ain't seen any for a good month or so though

• 1 year later...
Plain old dishwashing soap and water will wipe them out.

was strimming some rough ground today and caught a wasps nest with the brush cutter...:scared1: bloody things were every where... soon sorted them out with a cup of 2 stroke and a match...

hate the little critters:scared1:

hate the little critters:scared1:

and i bet they hate you too. bet they were chilling in their pad, minding their own business then, kerpow.jpg, their home had been destroyed, then you killed their babies by burning them to death:thumbdown:

Jamie