Joined up thinking???

welwell

Looked at a job yesterday..........3 ugly, knarly, crappy Poplars to fell.

Reason to fell............Highways had noticed that the roots are lifting the pavement and tarmac and wrote letters to the owner saying "if they didn't sort them out that they (highways) would repair the pavemants at my clients cost." I think these trees should come down, they've dropped limbs in the road in the past and the tarmac damage is significant. So.........my clients got in touch with he council (by the way this is 2 years ago!!!) and asked if bearing in mind what the Highways have said if they can fell the trees.

The council said NO and slapped TPO's on them!!!!!!!!

So now we have 2 council depts. fighting on whether or not to fell the tree. My client told me that Highways have said to her they will come and sort the path out and just chop off the offending limbs ( in my book that's willfull destruction of a protected tree) She reckons that to date this has cost her 20k

Joined up thinking.........my arse!!!!!! Imagine how much council tax money country wide is wasted on inter-council dept rows like this

Feel a bit better now!!!!!!!!Thanks for the rant

Bizarre- Wouldnt happen here-County is a bit more switched on-tho Kent authorities seem a bit lacking in tree officers-I heard. Big poplars? God-too much public risk I would think- cant u rob an artic n crash it into them ? Seems popular round here- drivingstandard wise-lol

Why's she spent 20k on it? Surely a tree app, refused. Letter explaining that as it's their decision they are liable for damage that can't be controlled in any other way i.e tree needs felling. Pass any bills on to them for compensation.

Rob

Or am I missing something.

Ha. Joined up thinking is a myth. Just imagine having to try and convince Highways officers that there are other ways to achieve a even surface without removing roots... To have joined up thinking, you need both parties to appreciate the others issues. Highway engineers often can't see any further than pretty CAD drawings with nice straight lines.

20k?? Exaggerating a little methinks.

Highways had noticed that the roots are lifting the pavement and tarmac and wrote letters to the owner saying "if they didn't sort them out that they (highways) would repair the pavemants at my clients cost

This is the kind of bullying that pee's me off :bored:

I went to see an old dear that was close to hyperventilating because she had received a "standard" letter tell her to cut back her hedge or else.

Joined up thinking.........my arse!!!!!! Imagine how much council tax money country wide is wasted on inter-council dept rows like this

Just found out yesterday our county council, after closing an old folks home (that was always full), leaving it empty and boarded up for 3 years are now going to refit it as extra office space, due to recent increases in workload:ohmy:

Mmmmm!