accident waiting to happen...

sussexlad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people jumping to conclusions it is my pet hate..........

unnecessary thread IMO

i had been watching him for a while and i like to think i know what im talking about at least a little so it wasnt a conclusion i "jumped" to. maybe you could see it a bit better than me from jersey:001_tt2:

im sure there have been threads started on a lot less, but mods if this is unnecessary etc please feel free to delete/move etc:001_smile:

I hate people jumping to conclusions it is my pet hate..........

unnecessary thread IMO

i had been watching him for a while and i like to think i know what im talking about at least a little so it wasnt a conclusion i "jumped" to. maybe you could see it a bit better than me from jersey:001_tt2:

im sure there have been threads started on a lot less, but mods if this is unnecessary etc please feel free to delete/move etc:001_smile:

it MUST be a contractor.......:biggrin:

well i must say im a little puzzled by some of the responses on this thread, as an avid lurker i read a lot of posts and when PPE (lack of),unsafe working methods or working without tickets etc are mentioned they are almost unanimously condemned. yet i feel some of the responses in favour of all of these things.:confused1:

a contractor or not (i will ask and find you for you butler) its still dangerous and as i have already said i was making an oberservation. i like to see best practice, especially when its for people i know.

maybe ive just had too much cider, and cant see the wood for the trees:beerchug:

If I see someone parked in a parent and child space I usually point out to them that they've forgotten their child today, it's usually the guy in the shiny pickup that he uses to drive to the office in. I saw a guy with his kids flying a kite next to a 10kv power line, so I pointed out the fact that it was there. The response in both cases was similar, but it was simply a case on my part of obsolving myself of the guilt should anything happen.

I won't divulge what I did to his shiny pickup after navigating my six year old daughter across the busy carpark.

There's plenty of information and guidance out there so if people choose to ignore its at their perril.

Lust my opion and approach to life.

Oh, and the guy in the truck was luck it was only his truck I trashed had he not kept walking and I'd left my daughter at home he'd have needed 999 as well as the AA.

I too am a bit of a lurker on this forum.

I agree that his practice was dangerous and unprofessional, but this is how some people choose to be? Like people that ride motorbikes wearing just jeans etc. Or the professional arb worker who wears his ppe when doing tree work then fails to put it back on when just "trimming" a small limb or whatever.

Another thought but not related to safety would be that maybe this guy has tried to find work through a reputable company to learn things correctly, but with no luck and is now going it alone and learning as he goes??

I think people are very quick to judge on here, rather than to guide them into the correct ways.

Just an observation