The road to being your own boss!!!

blackopsarborist

I meant cheers for agreeing with the previous post of mine and adding to it.

It's one of the pitfalls of forum stuff which I'm quite used to by now.

I'm on the cusp of getting banned here however and a little worried about free speech issues.

You may have noticed that I don't personally insult people most of the time.

I know, that's why I'm so intrigued by all this and finding it so funny. I only ever recall reading quality intelligent posts from you, especially on the climbing forum stuff.

Have you been drinking early?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, that's why I'm so intrigued by all this and finding it so funny. I only ever recall reading quality intelligent posts from you, especially on the climbing forum stuff.

Have you been drinking early?

I've always been drinking early mate, I'm better after a few red wines. It seems to offend people less:001_smile:

It's funny, Arbtalk has always been open to free speech, and also is run by real tree cutting people, not corporate businessmen or wannabe weekend tree hacks who don't have a clue about the real world. I also think we have some of the best in the trade on this forum, people who are willing to share their knowledge to help others, not put them all down and act superior towards them. That can be found to be equally offensive. This is what makes it the best tree forum in the UK and maybe Europe too.

It's funny, Arbtalk has always been open to free speech, and also is run by real tree cutting people, not corporate businessmen or wannabe weekend tree hacks who don't have a clue about the real world. I also think we have some of the best in the trade on this forum, people who are willing to share their knowledge to help others, not put them all down and act superior towards them. That can be found to be equally offensive. This is what makes it the best tree forum in the UK and maybe Europe too.

Ballanced as usual Andy.

By the way my name is Paul Stuart Brash, my user name got changed to Albedo but says user formerly known as paulsbrash.

Fill yer boots chaps

going back to tree surgeon/climber argument.

I started training and thinking as 'an arborist' - but now just want to do dismantles so 'a climber' label suits me fine:lol:

I am happy to dismantle as i've spent 20 odd yrs doing demolition.:thumbup:

best thing to do at mo?...get a mon to fri job and suck up the wages...get a trailer, get out on saturday and do some PJ's. When things pick up, you can think about going freelance or having your own set-up. Good luck fella!

Apologies to the OP for destroying his thread and to the whole of arbtalk for saying they are not tree surgeons or something.

I’ve been playing grumpy cynical old git for a while now; it’s clearly not working.

I’m glad Steve put me on the naughty step when he did.

Today I was thinking about all this and wondering where all that anger is coming from. I think I have stopped enjoying the job.

So today I decided to enjoy this conny bash like I used to.

I am not too old to learn just yet and I don’t know everything.

Large dose of humble pie, but I think a bit of a positive out of it.

Last thing for the OP… I agree with Mr Lumpit … it takes a while so it helps if you have a working wife or something to cover the basic bills and things.