Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

I'm pretty interested in this. It looks nice and shiny, which I like, but a few questions based on the photo:

1: Is the foam sock the blue thingy? It makes the Rope Knight massive!

2: What's the red tube thing?

3: What's the white ball on the string for?

4: What is the revised price if all the Canadian memorabilia is left out?

Blue foam fits in the hand nicely so you can throw it like a North American Football or a traditional throw. Spiralling at the target. fun to throw 1/2 the size of a bottle of beer and fits thumb to finger tip when gripped.

Blue foam is for rookies or throws with the high probability it will hit something that will break and/or cannot be easily repaired and can't be moved. tile or slate or glass roofs, vehicles etc. Throw bag damage is greater than a foam sleeved Rk.

Revised price is $160 canadian. Canadian memorablilia was a gift. I run tree service full time in Cambridge On and the best thing I do for my business is to always let the customer win a lil something or do more than what is expected and so that is all I ahve done here. Really nothing more than top up on your pint of cider/lager.:thumbup:

the white ball on the string is a homemade retrieval ball.

If you make one might as well make twenty and then share a few.:001_smile:

Cheers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused1:

I can guarantee RopeKnight is significantly less damaging than a throw bag.

Have you ever been to a throw line competition? I have been to quite a few including an ITCC championship. The trees targeted lose bushels of leaves and small limbs from the consistent jamming and snagging of the classic throwbag. Trees suffering at the hands of sport. They have to rake up and pick up sticks between competitors.:001_huh:

And said tree has usually been crown cleaned and removed of redundancies prior to comps to facilitate a speedy comp.

Speaking practically, with a tree in the backyard of an HO that has never been pruned you will surely see significantly less unintentional damage plus the RopeKnight may one day help prevent an unanticipated failure due to a limb or leader that is structurally compromised(dead wood, decay etc) that is shaken loose or the pulling down of hazardous limbs to the ground. Jamming and snagging is far less with the RopeKnight will be less of concern in many situations. The geometric form we have incorporated is scientifically the best for flight and bypassing obstacles. Land, air, sea and trees :thumbup1:

Beside all that, Ropeknight deflects more than it darts. Especially on rounded stems at the tops of trees that look nothing like a dart board.

See what I mean? Does that make sense?

Cheers.

Seeing is believing I guess. Send us one for Africa to try out? I will reserve my judgement till then....

either way good luck with your product.:001_smile:

Edited by Dak

.:confused1: The price of precision. It works and pays for itself the 1st time it gets you thru a troublesome tree and thereafter.

3 main components Precision machined, hard anodized in Ali and stainless steel,securing bolt plus more. Compare this with other precision tools like Rw, LJ, and uni.

Guaranteed for life!Guaranteed for Life!

6 tools in one; two RopeShields to smooth over transition knots up to 23mm , hand puller, retrieve and isolate tips, set and retrieve cambuim savers and anything else you care to try:001_smile:

Can you imagine saving hundreds $ $ $? .:thumbup: Money and Time lost with jams and snags, tiring and fatiqueing throwlines from snags and jams, throw higher and more accurately, bypassing obstacles on the way up thru the crown and down to the ground. etc.

RopeKnight is not just a throw weight(go up - come down). It is a task specific tool and system that does exactly what we expect it to do. Bypassing tree obstacles smooth and easy. Skate in your sock feet or slide and glide on metal. The effecencies afforded by metal are not new in the industry just new to the classic throw bag. You can pay a lil more for one that can be used in the night. New Rk "Lightning" .

Please if you will consider the cost of other machined tools on the market you will see that it is a fair price for all that it is and what it offers. Apples to apples!

Analogy; You can buy a hammer and then you can buy a multi tool type hammer.

If all you need is a hammer, fine. But if you need a nail puller, hatchet, pry bar, screwdriver and plier than there it is if you want it.

Its not for every thrower but the arbclimber who wants something that improves the whole of the task is in for a pleasant surprise primarily fast, accurate, smooth and easy rope positioning.:thumbup: An all in one tool at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Hiya,

I'm not knocking the product as it is clear that you have spent a considerable amount of time and effort on it. My point, and its one that I think Dak has also made, is that a lot of people will think that they can get something that will do the same job for £5.

I must admit that I saw your stand at Capel a few years back and didn't get a chance to pop over and have a look so sadly I haven't had a chance to see this product in the flesh but hopefully I will be at the APF this year so I'll make an effort to search this out and have a good look.

:thumbup1:

Seeing is believing I guess. Send us one for Africa to try out? I will reserve my judgement till then....

either way good luck with your product.:001_smile:

One has been recieved and is being tested! DrewB has been at it now for a week or more. Man moves fast Eh:driver:

I understand completely trusting me is all together different than

believing me. Proof is in the pudding. Reg Coates, Kevin Bingham, TCC champions and many others will and have attested to its performance.

The arbclimbers who are primarily purchasing the ropeKnight are poor throwers. RopeKnight levels the playing field by making a bad thrower better. The comment is because it is all metal, it forces them to focus more intently on targeting and the slip and slide allows easier tip isolation and retrieval for those off target shots.

No one is perfect but with the RopeKnight in hand a guaranteed throw weight improvement in performance and responsiveness is not just a shot in the dark.

When you mention seeing is believing please remember our illuminated version for low light or darkness conditions RopeKnight "Lightning":thumbup:

Cheers

Thomas

I wish them all the luck in the world!

I tried and the RopeKnight is the best improvement I could come up with.

It has taken a century or more for a noticable throw weight and system improvement.

Why wait another second in the dark ages?

The twentieth century throw weight is here.

Cheers

I sent the one Thomas sent me south with Chip Hildreth to pass around, I tried it, not my thing, i like the Rocket bags better, but the rope shield IS viable, as long as you figure out a way to put a small stopper knot in front of it, or after you get it thru the tight crotch, it will come screaming down and smash your fingers...:(

the whole unit is IMO, time consuming, and don't use the big nerf ball, it will get stuck :)

Can you add different weights for trees having tougher bark causing more friction? or what does it currently weigh? I have just started using two throwlines to help manipulate them on overthrows or through branches so you would still need to have a throwline or two of the ropeknights? It will be good to see the video or even see one being used to see benefits.

I sent the one Thomas sent me south with Chip Hildreth to pass around, I tried it, not my thing, i like the Rocket bags better, but the rope shield IS viable, as long as you figure out a way to put a small stopper knot in front of it, or after you get it thru the tight crotch, it will come screaming down and smash your fingers...:(

the whole unit is IMO, time consuming, and don't use the big nerf ball, it will get stuck :)

:confused1:Cary no disrespect intended but if you took the time to read the Specific Instructions and Helpful Tips and Hints you would have skipped or jiggled the line to slow its descent and avoided getting your fingers hit. I just let it hit me in the soft part of the outside of the hand nothing more than a feather punch. Are you joking:confused1: I will speed line directly my 200t to my partner on the ground from 60 plus ft and all he needs to do is shake the rope vigorously to slow it down. You have totally missed the mark on that one! :001_huh:

Cary, you where able to get the foam stuck. :001_huh:Please, more detail. The Foam protective sleeve will not get stuck. The foam protective sleeve was designed to slide easily on and off when necessary. If we can slide it on by hand how the heck will it get stuck. Did it pull off of the RK and then get stuck in the tree?

Cary, you say "time consuming". :001_huh: Did you read the instructions and practice it a fair bit before passing it off. You can use it in the exact manner as a throw bag. Please clarify. .:confused1:

I am really confused by all three of your points please clarify for us all.

We need to make sense of what you have experienced.

Cheers

Thomas, I used it enough to get a feel for it, had a couple close calls with bounced throws, tried it in the big shot, it kept whacking the poles on release.

It is a great idea, but it is a bit complicated, I did get it stuck twice, Chip tried it when it was the "treepeedo", got it stuck too, so it "can" get stuck, nothing is perfect ;)

It will be on the travel in the states, so I'm glad that lots of people will get to use it.

Chip threw it here, and after a bit of adjustment to getting the ring on it in a configuration that felt good, he threw it quite well and it did not get stuck.

I think the shield is an awesome idea though, a polycarbonate or hard nylon one would be the shite! )

and yes, if that nerf ball pops off and gets stuck, and you want it back, you are doing a rescue man...;)

these are my "personal" thoughts, I know it is your baby and would expect nothing less that a vehement, passion-filled rebuttal ;)

I hope me sending it to be used results in many converts, and who knows, I may be one.

for the right location it is awesome, but I do not trust myself throwing it around million dollar plus homes in tight areas along the St. Lawrence .

Namaste' :)