Firewood delivery costs.

Alycidon

we reguarly go well over 20 miles from base... 4 loads at time on transit... dont think you can tell the customer your charging extra for delivery just price the load accordingly...

That is the way forward I think geared with distance and volume, got to go about 8 miles each way at 7am tomorrow with 2 cube of hard, total inc vat £210 and that is without thinking about carriage.

A

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the way forward I think geared with distance and volume, got to go about 8 miles each way at 7am tomorrow with 2 cube of hard, total inc vat £210 and that is without thinking about carriage.

A

Depends where you live how often people in your area get put on a weigh bridge how large a load is. I found 1.5 cu at 20% moisture weighs 500kg. so 3 loads with the weight of a tipper conversion will put a tranny over 3500kg. May not worry you but worth knowing before spending alot of money.

Depends where you live how often people in your area get put on a weigh bridge how large a load is. I found 1.5 cu at 20% moisture weighs 500kg. so 3 loads with the weight of a tipper conversion will put a tranny over 3500kg. May not worry you but worth knowing before spending alot of money.

Thats 333kg per cube, 4 cube on an IFW tiltbed = say 1500kg inc pallets, pump truck etc, gross weight of trailer can be as low as 3000kg, so tacho but no op center or O Licence. Unladen weight of a TB4621-302 is 764kg + drop sides so I recon I should be able to carry 2,000 kg and be legal, say 5 pallets at 380 kg + pump truck.

TB Tiltbed - New & Used Trailers - Horsebox, Livestock, Plant, Tippers, Car Transporters, Flatbed, Box Van, Spares

Been pulled off the M6 once and weighed but thats all. Intersestingly the weigh bridge could not get a reading as my trailer axles were to close together, mind you I only had about 400kg on board at the time.

A

Thats 333kg per cube, 4 cube on an IFW tiltbed = say 1500kg inc pallets, pump truck etc, gross weight of trailer can be as low as 3000kg, so tacho but no op center or O Licence. Unladen weight of a TB4621-302 is 764kg + drop sides so I recon I should be able to carry 2,000 kg and be legal, say 5 pallets at 380 kg + pump truck.

TB Tiltbed - New & Used Trailers - Horsebox, Livestock, Plant, Tippers, Car Transporters, Flatbed, Box Van, Spares

Been pulled off the M6 once and weighed but thats all. Intersestingly the weigh bridge could not get a reading as my trailer axles were to close together, mind you I only had about 400kg on board at the time.

A

or an ifor tipper with mesh sides and doors. The middle size one TT105 I think carries 2.5 tonne and grosses at 3.5 tonnes.

Just plate the trailer for 3499 kg if it makes that much difference I would have thought ifor would do it. Are you saying 3500kg and above is operators licence.

Yes, I think its 3300kg if used for hire and reward, might be wrong on that. carrying logs there is no need to go to top weights, its not a heavy product for its size dry. Not sure you can plate at what you like, type approvals come into play but it should be do able on a new build trailer I would have thought.

There is a loop hole when you are taking equipment to site within 50k of base, providing you have a trailer max gross weight of below 3300kg then you wont need a tacho. Load it with timber that is for re processing and sale on the return and you will. You also have to comply with drivers hours regs if driving under tacho requirements.

Cant see why you don't all drop bulk, given the choice between a pile of logs dropped on a driveway or a nice clean bag on a pallet in a garage what would you pick?.

You also can demonstrate the measure (volume) of product you are selling far more easily. Some round here sell a big load, small load, half load, with nothing to say exactly how much wood or about how many logs teh customer is getting for his or her dosh.

A

A

A

Yes, I think its 3300kg if used for hire and reward, might be wrong on that. carrying logs there is no need to go to top weights, its not a heavy product for its size dry. Not sure you can plate at what you like, type approvals come into play but it should be do able on a new build trailer I would have thought.

There is a loop hole when you are taking equipment to site within 50k of base, providing you have a trailer max gross weight of below 3300kg then you wont need a tacho. Load it with timber that is for re processing and sale on the return and you will. You also have to comply with drivers hours regs if driving under tacho requirements.

Cant see why you don't all drop bulk, given the choice between a pile of logs dropped on a driveway or a nice clean bag on a pallet in a garage what would you pick?.

You also can demonstrate the measure (volume) of product you are selling far more easily. Some round here sell a big load, small load, half load, with nothing to say exactly how much wood or about how many logs teh customer is getting for his or her dosh.

A

A

A

As I understand it any vehicle trailer combination weighing over 3500kg used for business unless covered by one of the excemptions needs a tacho.

Never heard of the 3300kg rule.

You can plate your trailer down yourself old or new ( or you could ). stamp an alloy plate and rivet to trailer.

We did ask customers a few years ago if we could deliver bulk bags but it was a resounding no. The idea reminds people of extra cost and packaging and most customers stack their logs along one wall within an hour of delivery. A pallet of logs in a garage would be in the way for alot of people.