130 tipper box dimensions

adam4838

I currently have a 1999 110 tipper, and am thinking its gonna need a new chassis soon. Planning on putting my tipper body on a new 130 chassis to enable it to carry the weight better, as my body has a large rear overhang which puts my rear axle weight over before I have reached the 3500kg GVW. I know it will fit in terms of mounting points, but trying to work out what the gap will be at the front for a tool locker. Basically want to reduce rear overhang as much as poss to enable me to fill it up legally and still tow a hefty trailer without the rear axle being over weight.

I currently have a 1999 110 tipper, and am thinking its gonna need a new chassis soon. Planning on putting my tipper body on a new 130 chassis to enable it to carry the weight better, as my body has a large rear overhang which puts my rear axle weight over before I have reached the 3500kg GVW. I know it will fit in terms of mounting points, but trying to work out what the gap will be at the front for a tool locker. Basically want to reduce rear overhang as much as poss to enable me to fill it up legally and still tow a hefty trailer without the rear axle being over weight.

Sounds like a bit of a contradiction if I understand you right?

If you intend bolting the subframe on the 130 using the same points, it will overhang the axle the same amout, therefore making very little difference to the axle loading. Also given the 130 chassis is heavier, you may even be worse off. In theory the gap behind the cab should be 20 inches.

You are correct though, in thinking the 130 will carry better(axle loading), but the load needs to be nearer the front. Having the gap, or toolbox behind the cab does not help this. In reality you are looking for a new box to overcome your problem if a 130 is the way you are thinking.

Hope that makes sense, and I think my understanding is correct:001_huh:

The over hang on my 130 is more than 300mm from the rear cross member works fine. The more over hang the more the tow bar has to be spaced out add more weight to back axle when towing, the tow bar on my 1 is just the standard drop plate with ball keeping every thing close,the only problem with it is if I tow a 170 nifty lift hoist and go to back up and turn to tight it hits the corner of body so I now fit a 100mm spacer when towing a hoist.