Council slapping tpo on tree's

treeracer25

Sigh.

And thus the familiar pattern of arbtalk reappears. An allegation is made, knees jerk loudly and epic reactionary pronouncements are made. In the hinterland of these brazen statements, a spinoff debate occurs of transitory relevance to the original post before dissipating impotently into further allegations. Meanwhile new posters will react in vain to the transparent implusivity of the knee jerking, perhaps with the fair intention of bringing some balance, and a new parallel confrontation occurs as positions harden despite their often unstable footings. After much grief and retrograde vitriol, the thread sinks beneath the murky depths of the servers.

And no-one will have learnt a damn thing. All the better to begin again another day.

Accurate observation me thinks . ho hum .

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'll get anyone a virtual pint.:thumbup:

We are talking about two different things here though.

There is massive difference between offering professional advice compared to forcing your personal opinions on someone.

If someone has decided to have a tree removed then who am I to tell them they can't?

All I can say is I'm not doing it and be on my way.

Besides just because we are a professional doesn't mean to say we are right, one mans specimen tree is another mans leaf dropping, wall destroying, foundation lifting, view blocking, light blocking and costly PITA, while one mans scabby cherry is another mans pride and joy.

Cheers mate:001_smile: it's now turned into a glass of red and is less virtual.

Your argument is good.

The sticking point is the 'dobbing in bit'.

I've never done it, but I can think of cases where I think I might have to. I can think of one case involving a massive and majestic Beech which I actually said hello to when I drove past, where I wish I had had the opportunity.

I am an old hippy but no real tree hugger and mostly agree with the Skyhuck we cut trees view.

Accurate observation me thinks . ho hum .

The site visitor and hit count would be a mighty depressing sight should every thread be efficient and accurate with no differing views.

I,d be nodding off every two minutes, boring mundane sites are not my cup of tea.

Perhaps you and Sorenson should start a club ? :001_smile:

I like a lively forum, and disagreeing, and then agreeing, then changing my mind, then changing it back again. Like most of the original members here, I rarely miss a day on the forum, this is simply cos it's so vibrant and lively every day. Other forums I visit havent had a reply in days or weeks.....tedious. It's also more fun for me as a mod, it gives me something to snigger at when I'm trawling through endless boring sensible stuff, to suddenly find something kicking off is like Hamma finding a new toadstool. Keep it up, keep it clean

I like a lively forum, and disagreeing, and then agreeing, then changing my mind, then changing it back again. Like most of the original members here, I rarely miss a day on the forum, this is simply cos it's so vibrant and lively every day. Other forums I visit havent had a reply in days or weeks.....tedious. It's also more fun for me as a mod, it gives me something to snigger at when I'm trawling through endless boring sensible stuff, to suddenly find something kicking off is like Hamma finding a new toadstool. Keep it up, keep it clean

I've contradicted myself more than a self contradicting thing lately:001_smile:

You lot are not on your toes, I'm disapointed :sneaky2:

This is where I really don't get about "tree care" people, 99.09% of trees need no help from us, they would be far happier left alone. They are tough and cope remarkably well with our hacking, but I feel sure if they were in the position to top us working on them they would!!, but they can't. Your kidding yourselves if pretend your helping the tree :001_rolleyes:

At least I'm honest, I am a service provider, I cut trees to help my client, I do my very best to keep the damage to the tree to a minimum, but I don't kid myself I'm "helping the tree"

I like trees, but I don't feel great love for each one, they are plants, if I felt the way about trees that many of you claim to feel I would find another job, I would be very depressed spending my days cutting lumps off and felling things I loved :confused1:

I totally agree with you, trees don't need our "help", I too cut trees to help my clients. 99% of the time it's the client who has the problem with the tree. That's why I always keep damage to a minimum as do you.

I guess it's a question of how much of a business man you are, how much you need the work. I have taken out trees for no reason apart from the customer "doesn't like the mess".

However I have also tried to save the tree, thats my set of morals. I'm not saying it's right and I think no one has the right to say I'm wrong to do so.

I mean 'we the posters' Andy,

You are the swear police, and not moaning about site sponsors stuff breaking...police:sneaky2:

I've decided this post comes across as a bit rude and disrespectful.

Sorry about that Andy. Didn't mean to be rude to you.