Ex-Army or soon to be????

Rick2517

I think its a good idea Rick!...why not start by just having a networking thing so ex-servicemen can help guys who are just getting out?. Lots of ex-military blokes in treework and lots of treework blokes that value ex-servicemen as employees...'ad unum omnes!' :thumbup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a good idea Rick!...why not start by just having a networking thing so ex-servicemen can help guys who are just getting out?. Lots of ex-military blokes in treework and lots of treework blokes that value ex-servicemen as employees...'ad unum omnes!' :thumbup:

Ex para?

Maybe, but I did some training with him and had to pay a fortune for accommodation, there's nothing in the south west and the market is plenty big enough for all of us!!

Who knowes what will happen but if you see any posts from ex army guys looking for work then please direct them my way and I will do what I've always done and go with the flow.

Cheers guys

Rich

Rich, I am not saying you shouldn't do it, what I am saying is Richard has all the bases covered for MOD funding through the likes of ELC etc. if you had to pay for your accommodation that's fine but you should have more than made up for it by claiming for your food and travel! You should not have been out of pocket and if you were its your pay office or admin offices fault!

I'm not suggesting that everyone who has been in the military is now in some moral way better then those that have not, but what I have found is that the army attracts a certen sort of person and that's somebody who is willing to go to the worst hell hole on earth and put his life on the line and get paid peanuts for doing it!

In my opinion and from my experience these people are not usually driven by money but by pride!

Non of the blokes I employ today have spent time in the army and I wouldn't think any less of them then people that have, they have and still do prove to me every day that they are fully committed at doing what it takes to get the job done and keep the company going strong.

I may be pissing in to the wind but as being an ex squodie it wouldn't be the first time I've had a face full of piss :thumbup: and to be honest if I didn't give it a go then I would always regret it......

:lol:

For that comment alone mate I wish you every success.

My brother has been in for 20 years, and I and most on this site appreciate what the services lads and lasses have done and are still doing for us.

Rich, I am not saying you shouldn't do it, what I am saying is Richard has all the bases covered for MOD funding through the likes of ELC etc. if you had to pay for your accommodation that's fine but you should have more than made up for it by claiming for your food and travel! You should not have been out of pocket and if you were its your pay office or admin offices fault!

Sorry Paul, I didn't Put my point across very well. Its not that I had to pay the accommodation as the achievements gained and standard of training was top notch and Richard has a great set up and I highly respect him for achieving it. My point was that if there was a training centre in my part of the world then I would have chosen to go there, that way I would save on the accommodation, been able to bag some down time with the mrs, and probably get less stick for sounding like a farmer:biggrin:

Sorry Paul, I didn't Put my point across very well. Its not that I had to pay the accommodation as the achievements gained and standard of training was top notch and Richard has a great set up and I highly respect him for achieving it. My point was that if there was a training centre in my part of the world then I would have chosen to go there, that way I would save on the accommodation, been able to bag some down time with the mrs, and probably get less stick for sounding like a farmer:biggrin:

it is true, me ol country bumpkin:lol: