Log theft

Dean Lofthouse

I should do they have a large house with two BMW estate cars in the drive. The estate is having trouble with these people the woodmans cottage has an old lady living in it she trys to guard my wood. anyway these people have dogs and they let them roam and they poo in this old ladys garden she picks up a pale full every week:mad1:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should do they have a large house with two BMW estate cars in the drive. The estate is having trouble with these people the woodmans cottage has an old lady living in it she trys to guard my wood. anyway these people have dogs and they let them roam and they poo in this old ladys garden she picks up a pale full every week:mad1:

MAY SOUND NASTY, BUT ID DUMPING IT BACK IN THERE GARDEN... EVEN BETTER, HAVE A DUMP IN THERE GARDEN AND ASK HOW THEY LIKE IT:ohmy:

One hour and forty minutes and it's freeeezzzing. Poor little dog came with me and he was shivering after half hour. Had to park landy behind some shrubs and have the engine running.

Ill do it randomly for a few weeks.

What a effing pain.

Dean,

must be some kind of cheap time recording sensor you can install in the direction of where the thieves are going, see if there is a pattern in what time and day they are visiting and then stand and wait.:sneaky2:

one hour and forty minutes and it's freeeezzzing. Poor little dog came with me and he was shivering after half hour. Had to park landy behind some shrubs and have the engine running.

What a effing pain.

dean you didnt take a yorkie with you???

Id be doing a clint eastwood special.... Feeling lucky punk

I keep my own logs at the old woodyard i went there before christmas and split enough for the christmas period, next to the woodyard is a private house as i went past i noticed smoke and i have never seen that before so i went to check my woodshed oh dear the pile was neally all gone:mad1:
reminds me of an incident i had a few years ago in my old yard.i used to rent 100yds of a disused railway line off a farmer friend for firewood storage,ideal,hard down the middle,stack either side and open to the wind to dry it well,only problem was a public footpath straight through the middle of it,still a mile or so from civilisation so not heavily trafficked.started losing probably 1/2 cube a week so struck up an agreement with the cowman who lived 100yds away to keep an eye out,in return he had free wood for his pot bellied stove.the steady flow of theft continued,he just couldn't catch anyone at it.after about 3 winters of this i discovered it was him nicking it,bagging it and selling it wholesale to the village garage!!! :001_cool:

reminds me of an incident i had a few years ago in my old yard.i used to rent 100yds of a disused railway line off a farmer friend for firewood storage,ideal,hard down the middle,stack either side and open to the wind to dry it well,only problem was a public footpath straight through the middle of it,still a mile or so from civilisation so not heavily trafficked.started losing probably 1/2 cube a week so struck up an agreement with the cowman who lived 100yds away to keep an eye out,in return he had free wood for his pot bellied stove.the steady flow of theft continued,he just couldn't catch anyone at it.after about 3 winters of this i discovered it was him nicking it,bagging it and selling it wholesale to the village garage!!! :001_cool:

THATS A GOOD ONE:ohmy:

One hour and forty minutes and it's freeeezzzing. Poor little dog came with me and he was shivering after half hour. Had to park landy behind some shrubs and have the engine running.

What a effing pain.

I really feel for you Dean, this really stinks.

I bet if you told the plod, they would be more interested in wether the the site was safe for the thieves.

Hope you come up with a solution.