• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate I would take a look at these,

Petrol & Electric Log Splitters

I have had one of the 7 ton ones with a stand for about 3 years now I split arb waste which includes rings 10"" thick 2 foot dia and it handles these ok knotty stuff goes through fine Eucalyptus makes it stutter a bit, but it has been brilliant i norm split about 5-10 ton a year and it all goes through the splitter !!

the only issues I have had have been a slight cracking on the weld on the pad at the end of the ram ( 10 min fix with an electric welder ) and the stand needed beefing up due to the weight of the stuff I was loading it up with :laugh1:

Axe is ok but why struggle ??? must admit my 27x fiskers is a nice tool but the Triton is better :biggrin:

Mate I would take a look at these,

Petrol & Electric Log Splitters

I have had one of the 7 ton ones with a stand for about 3 years now I split arb waste which includes rings 10"" thick 2 foot dia and it handles these ok knotty stuff goes through fine Eucalyptus makes it stutter a bit, but it has been brilliant i norm split about 5-10 ton a year and it all goes through the splitter !!

the only issues I have had have been a slight cracking on the weld on the pad at the end of the ram ( 10 min fix with an electric welder ) and the stand needed beefing up due to the weight of the stuff I was loading it up with :laugh1:

Axe is ok but why struggle ??? must admit my 27x fiskers is a nice tool but the Triton is better :biggrin:

I had almost made my mind up to get a fiskars and you come along and sway me back to the splitter:001_smile:.

It does makes sense to save the wear and tear on me bones but cant help but think I'd find them too slow.

Like the look of this though even if it seems a bit steep.Log Splitter Fruit Press Attachment

Alright Kev,

I had a 7 tonne Titan-pro splitter for a year, worked a treat, and if you have 2 people on it, you can munch through logs pretty fast, as the ram doesn't have to return all the way back to the starting position. I had it on a stand, it got used regularly for a year at home, almost a nice way to spend an evening.

And then I sold it in the Friday-ad for almost the same I paid for it.

Alright Kev,

I had a 7 tonne Titan-pro splitter for a year, worked a treat, and if you have 2 people on it, you can munch through logs pretty fast, as the ram doesn't have to return all the way back to the starting position. I had it on a stand, it got used regularly for a year at home, almost a nice way to spend an evening.

And then I sold it in the Friday-ad for almost the same I paid for it.

Cheers Dom

I am swaying towards one of these jobbies now, I'll see how fit I feel come winter.

Why did you get rid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Dom

I am swaying towards one of these jobbies now, I'll see how fit I feel come winter.

Why did you get rid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a bit of a stopgap between petrol splitters, realised I didn't really need it any more. Since I got rid of it, I've had untold customers and friends asking if I have a log splitter they can borrow. The vertical petrol ones are no fun to shift around as you know.

It was a bit of a stopgap between petrol splitters, realised I didn't really need it any more. Since I got rid of it, I've had untold customers and friends asking if I have a log splitter they can borrow. The vertical petrol ones are no fun to shift around as you know.

What was the speed of the ram like? The vids of the ones I've seen look a bit frustrating.

Frustratingly slow, it's true. but I fastened another log against the ram to lengthen it, so it didn't need to travel as far. Also if you've got 3 hands, or there are two people, then you can hold one of the levers down as soon as the ram returns (it returns quite fast) to stop it while you put another log on.

Bring back pedal operated vertical log splitters I reckon.

Frustratingly slow, it's true. but I fastened another log against the ram to lengthen it, so it didn't need to travel as far. Also if you've got 3 hands, or there are two people, then you can hold one of the levers down as soon as the ram returns (it returns quite fast) to stop it while you put another log on.

Bring back pedal operated vertical log splitters I reckon.

Bet that glen fella would like the ends of his fingers back too.