EBay failure!

PeteB

I tried to buy a car on Ebay for a Dad's toy. It did not reach reserve, so I rang the fellow with an offer. Sounds good came back the reply. Brilliant and 1948 , all steel car that requires finishing. Fantastic - Santa Pod here I come. Went and got the cash and arranged transport and rang to get a time - he tells me he was confused and already had a better offer. Oh cobblers. Talk about getting from high to low too quick. Good job I never told the kids!.......

It was a 1948 Singer 4 door saloon, all steel body which had been channeled (body lowered on chassis) and had been fitted with Rover V8 and box/axle. Turned into two door and had rear arches blended and widened. Just need a few mechanical jobs and a full interior. I was really looking forward to taking it to the next Run Whatya Brung.

Edited by PeteB
Tad more info.