new rope! which one?

Martyn Amos

evening all

moving on from the 13mm rope,in the market for a new one,the choice so far seems to be these 3.....:001_huh:

anyone use these,which one do you think is best,or any others you could add to the mix

good points,bad points etc,etc

yale limelite [email protected] 1 eye (buxtons)

beal ginko 35m@12mm 1 sewn eye (gustharts)

new england tachyon green [email protected] (fr jones)

thanks martyn

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tachyon's nice IMO. Have you looked at the Marlow Aeris too?

thanks swamp..:thumbup:

the tachyon is nice my mate spliced himself a quality work posistioning strop with a lenght if it.

ive looked at the aeris,but the last marlow rope i bought,was not impressed with the quality,the outer seemed slackish to me (eg,when on desent,would gather below prussik)

i think new england and yale are better quality

thanks martyn

ive looked at the aeris,but the last marlow rope i bought,was not impressed with the quality,the outer seemed slackish to me (eg,when on desent,would gather below prussik)

I've not had that problem on mine, I've found it to be quite a nice rope. I don't think it's very easy to splice though....

went for the tachyon...:thumbup:

Good choice..... I love mine along with my Pantin!

You'll be needing that Armor-Prus Eye2Eye I promised months ago then to go with your new rope 😳

Totally forgot about it but will finish it this week and get it in the post to you. PM me your address mate.

All ropes the same and any one who says otherwise has spent far to long thinking about it, get what you can afford and looks pretty, If it can hold your weight it does the job

Yawn

Thats a bit like saying all shoes are the same or all cars are the same ropes can effect every aspect of a persons climbing and working day and like most things in the world its down to personal preference I prefer a thinner double braid.

Your comment seems to have come from ignorance or slight annoyance at someone starting another thread regarding rope?