eBay con?

mikecotterill

Yep I don't know the ins and outs but if I'd of asked the same question but it had been a bank transfer, I bet most would of said avoid?

I emailed him a couple of hours back about who the shipping agent was but no answer yet, maybe it's nighttime there?

They are an hour ahead - still looks OK to me, does anyone actually know of a scammer paying in full and reimbursing Paypal fees???

For the record, you can stop international buyers when you set up your listing:blushing:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you tryin to say about my classic motor? Haha

I just read what I wrote and can see it could be taken the wrong way. I am sure mikes Landrover is £800 . Just watch your back. I tend to sell large items and nothing over £100 unless its being collected with cash you can say cash preffered if they pay with pay pal I refund it. When you list your item next time tick the box for no international sellers. As a seller on ebay you are bent over with trousers down. As a buyer you were at risk but now ebay has gone too far the other way. They are struggling for sellers thats why everything is free list every few weeks.

People get a grip.

The way conmen operate is to get you to pay them money, they don't chuck 800 plus fees at you in the hope that they can bag some money back after paying shipping and import fees to a foreign land.

Mike, if you didn't want to use PayPal you should have specified that in the listing, same goes with overseas bidders, you didn't and this chap has bought the car in good faith, as long as your description is accurate you won't have any problems. Document the condition of the vehicle before it leaves in case it gets damaged in transit.

They are an hour ahead - still looks OK to me, does anyone actually know of a scammer paying in full and reimbursing Paypal fees???

For the record, you can stop international buyers when you set up your listing:blushing:

I definitely wil be blocking the, next time.

Don't know of it happening but, that's why it's a con(fidence) trick? Though it does seem to be a lot of trouble for 800 quid?

I've google mapped the "shipping" agent and it just comes up on an industrial estate, but I can't find anything about the buyers address in Malta it's,

manuel camilleri

6,independence square victoria gozo

victoria, malta vct 1022 Malta

If anyone can help with that, cheers for the advice here guys

People get a grip.

The way conmen operate is to get you to pay them money, they don't chuck 800 plus fees at you in the hope that they can bag some money back after paying shipping and import fees to a foreign land.

Mike, if you didn't want to use PayPal you should have specified that in the listing, same goes with overseas bidders, you didn't and this chap has bought the car in good faith, as long as your description is accurate you won't have any problems. Document the condition of the vehicle before it leaves in case it gets damaged in transit.

The thing is you have to,offer PayPal as a payment by eBay rules.

I definitely wil be blocking the, next time.

Don't know of it happening but, that's why it's a con(fidence) trick? Though it does seem to be a lot of trouble for 800 quid?

I've google mapped the "shipping" agent and it just comes up on an industrial estate, but I can't find anything about the buyers address in Malta it's,

manuel camilleri

6,independence square victoria gozo

victoria, malta vct 1022 Malta

If anyone can help with that, cheers for the advice here guys

Gozo is an island to the north of Malta and is good for diving persuits - been there as well:thumbup: Victoria is bang in the middle of it!

Hi here i my quick comment i have brought and sold loads of stuff on ebay and as far as i am aware when you sell something like a large item e.g vehicle you sate collection only. this should always be the buyer that collects and that's what eBay expects it should not be a courier or agent so you have a right to cancel the transaction as the buyer himself is not collecting.

People get a grip.

Buying something on ebay then claiming a refund must be the oldest most common con used on ebay. They even pay with paypal collect in person unless you get them to sign a delivery note they will deny they have been to your house. Or if sent by post will return an empty envelope for you to sign for then claim their refund. You loose the money the item and you have paid for the postage. The reasons we stopped selling on ebay.

Buying something on ebay then claiming a refund must be the oldest most common con used on ebay. They even pay with paypal collect in person unless you get them to sign a delivery note they will deny they have been to your house. Or if sent by post will return an empty envelope for you to sign for then claim their refund. You loose the money the item and you have paid for the postage. The reasons we stopped selling on ebay.

I have sold a lot of stuff on eBay and have yet to experience what you describe