eBay con?

mikecotterill

Possibly so but I'd rather he be pissed off than me spend the next month or so worrying incase he claims. I've seen lots of auctions that have stated collection only, and people have asked a question if it was ok to send a courier he could of done the same, and I'd of said no. Simple as that.

Like I said before, my only concern is I sell the car, no problems. Quite why I'm "bang out of order" is beyond me, the only person to lose out in all this is me.

If anyone has some constructive advice then feel free to post but don't bother posting "bang out of order" or "your out of line" as I'm not interested, anyone would think I've been doing the conning

Err excuse me, I think the buyer will feel he has lost out, he was probably all excited about getting his new project and for all we know may have missed some others thinking he was sorted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not too late to sort it if you want to sell the motor and keep the buyer happy. So often the problem is a lack of communication. I bet if the two of you had spoken to each other then you would have had a happy outcome, or if he was dodgy then you would have got a feel for what was going on. I wouldn't say you were out of line, or bang out of order - obviously just worried about losing out. But I do think it could have been handled a bit differently, perhaps by letting the buyer know of your concerns before rejecting the PayPal payment.

Whatever mate, if he'd had "collected in person" as it said or hadn't bidded because he couldn't, there wouldn't of been a problem.

:confused1:What does this mean???????people seem to use it often as a come back and I still have no idea what they are trying to say???:confused1:

Why not just email the guy say you are happy for the deal to go ahead if he can get cash to you some how and explain your concerns.

It's not too late to sort it if you want to sell the motor and keep the buyer happy. So often the problem is a lack of communication. I bet if the two of you had spoken to each other then you would have had a happy outcome, or if he was dodgy then you would have got a feel for what was going on. I wouldn't say you were out of line, or bang out of order - obviously just worried about losing out. But I do think it could have been handled a bit differently, perhaps by letting the buyer know of your concerns before rejecting the PayPal payment.

Exactly, the way I was bought up £800 is an awful lot of money and not something I'm prepared to lose, I did email him twice saying I'd rather not have PayPal.