Students please read

Steve Bullman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arb gary I think Big A's advice is best, companies will be more willing to take you on as an extra labourer with his tickets, than as a full time employee. That way you can get more experience, even if your not doing exactly what you want to do i,e climb you can still learn a lot watching others.

Thats how I started a couple of years ago, I worked as a groundie saved my cash bought my own equipment, paid for my own kit, taught myself how to climb, put myself through my tickets, all the time learing from sites like this a reading books.

After a few years I think i've done allright, and probaby learnt far more through real world experience than my few weeks training ever taught me.

Did my first big crane job this week, it went really smooth and safley, i'm well chuffed.

ive thought about self employment the problem being thats theres already alot of tree company's in my area already, from small outfits some of Scotland's biggest

apart from that, im un-emloyed and the only jobs going are part time in shops, no way i can save enought money to do anything let alone start my own company

i'll speak to my boss he is thinking about potentially looking forsome new. just we are the wrong side for you.

we are working towards teh west tomorrow, wed

Jamie

Sweet, thanks bud, i phoned a guy today just outside paisley, he had a job going, i found out about it today and he told me someone started yesterday, if it wasnt for bad luck id have no luck, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

New to the site, having decided to change career and how best to do it found this site along the way, advice and encouragement given to arbgarry has been great.

good luck to arbgarry on your career, Hope updates to forum are continued to let us know how you get on. I'll keep you updated on how i get on. Just started phoning some larger companies to see if any vacancies available, contacts and advice given was encouraging every one i spoke to was very helpful and wished me luck, :clap: