Tour de France starts tomorrow !!!!

born2trot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost a week gone and Cavendish has lost his edge I reckon.

Weight loss or too many GC riders in his team?

I dont think he has lost his edge ...

He is no longer with a team who's sole intent is to see him over the line ( HTC days ) . Team Sky's priority is for Brad Wiggins to win the GC , he has had no team mates at all at the sprints .

He has conditioned himself for the Olympics , no question.. where he will have a lead out train to see him victorious .

He ALWAYS starts poorly at the TDF but seems to come on strong later in the tour . He will win the final champs elysee stage which i believe is his only goal this year :thumbup1:

Hello, Bonjour,

Last year we cycled to St Juire Champgillon, to wait three hours in about 30 degrees, the atmosphere was brilliant, full of expectation, even the Gendarmes seemed happy to be on duty. First the parade of promotions & pretty girls threw promotional goodies to the spectators then support vehicles followed by the lead three, more support & then the pelaton in hot pursuit - Allez! Allez! it seemed all over in a few frenzied minutes but well worth it. C'est tout.

_NFG9864.jpg.2d0dc119dee07704487a7dd2fe06d7aa.jpg

_NFG9829.jpg.1a0ab0ee1821f581c49b7e2ad03a9587.jpg

_NFG9704.jpg.1c53b66dd9fd573b4b2ab3110282a3c9.jpg

5976611fb54fd__NFG9810-Version2.jpg.76e63df3195a07f326051f50cf60a9e3.jpg

Sure I'm going to get shot down here, but I find the Brits a little bit too arrogant nowadays.

Did you hear Wiggins swearing in the press conference the other day when asked about doping? Not for the first time either and as for Cavendish.... well some of his outbursts have been worse. Now I'm sure people will say that this shoot-from-the-hip style is part of his appeal, but this isn't boxing. Cycling's promoted as a family sport, so I beleive the role models should be better ambassadors.

Did anybody see Lance Armstrong an a press conference a few years ago when he was attacked over doping by Paul Kimmage (anybody remember him)?

Sure I'm going to get shot down here, but I find the Brits a little bit too arrogant nowadays.

Did you hear Wiggins swearing in the press conference the other day when asked about doping? Not for the first time either and as for Cavendish.... well some of his outbursts have been worse. Now I'm sure people will say that this shoot-from-the-hip style is part of his appeal, but this isn't boxing. Cycling's promoted as a family sport, so I beleive the role models should be better ambassadors.

Did anybody see Lance Armstrong an a press conference a few years ago when he was attacked over doping by Paul Kimmage (anybody remember him)?

Fair points Ironbark .. but may i give my perspective on it .

I'll start with Brad Wiggins outburst . For someone to try and humiliate him and his team in front of the worlds eyes in what is the biggest and most important point in his cycling career was simply unacceptable and the reporter has simply no morality imo . Wiggins probably shouldn't have swore but he was quite rightly incensed and i thought retorted with a good answer .

I've been following Cav's career for a few years now and don't know what you mean by his outbursts being worse ?? He had a reputation for being awkward at interviews and a bit monosyllabic , flinging his hat out the team bus etc but if you read his book and try to understand Cavendish the person he really is a decent and VERY humble bloke . He takes defeat VERY badly , so badly he cannot talk to team mates ( who feels he has let down terribly ) and is just a nightmare to be around . So when some reporter starts asking maybe some irrelevant questions he has sometimes not been the most co-operative but certainly not rude , but has not been as bad lately i feel . What Cav has above everyone else is a burning passion and this is sometimes misconstrued as arrogance . Read his bio , you'll love it honestly .

I've seen the Kimmage interview and really it doesnt change my opinion of Lance Armstrong . He is simply for me the greatest athlete that has ever lived . Would i like to go for a beer with him ?? probably not . Inspirational ? well he certainly was and is for me . :001_smile:

Edited by born2trot