Husky Anti Vibe system - when to service?

Bowlander

Hi, im not a professional chainsaw user although i do have my CS30 & CS31 so far. I mostly cut small scale for firewood.

I have a husqvarna 450e which is four years old. I reckon that its only ever had about 40 litres of fuel through it.

Anyway, i was cutting Rhody last year for about 10 days, on and off. At the end of the job my hands were tingly for a week or two but not painful. I was told on my CS30 to check the anti vib system by rocking the saw body and if there was metal to metal noises then it needed replacing. I've checked and according to this guidance its fine.

So over to you professionals! Is there a routine service interval for the anti vibration springs / rubbers? I cant feel any change in the amount of vibration since i bought it.

Any comments gratefully appreciated.

TBH, I replace AV mounts when the rubber bonding to the steel mounts starts delaminating and breaking down or when there is simply too much play in the mount itself - the spring type ones usually just distort but don't often actually break.

Generally a worn AV mount means that there is play between the motor and handle cradle that isn't attributed to the movement in the AV mount.

The kit I get in is generally not running and the AV mounts are the last thing on the owners mind but do replace if shot or looking/feeling past it.

Hi, im not a professional chainsaw user although i do have my CS30 & CS31 so far. I mostly cut small scale for firewood.

I have a husqvarna 450e which is four years old. I reckon that its only ever had about 40 litres of fuel through it.

Anyway, i was cutting Rhody last year for about 10 days, on and off. At the end of the job my hands were tingly for a week or two but not painful. I was told on my CS30 to check the anti vib system by rocking the saw body and if there was metal to metal noises then it needed replacing. I've checked and according to this guidance its fine.

So over to you professionals! Is there a routine service interval for the anti vibration springs / rubbers? I cant feel any change in the amount of vibration since i bought it.

Any comments gratefully appreciated.

If there is nothing wrong with the av on your saw there are some gell type gloves ( I assume you are wearing saw protection gloves ) on the market which might hep to absorb some vibration also a saw with heated handles can help

Hi, thanks for your replies, has anyone tried gel gloves? Are they any good? Also, are tingly hands a sign of vibrating white finger? I really dont want that! My hands werent painful, just tingly. I wore chainsaw gloves, it wasn't cold though so i didnt miss heated handles.