Change in delivery prices

Rob D

Free delivery on everything is now at an end on the CSB website.... just not sustainable in long term...

Problem is that Royal Mail charge £5-00+ now as soon as you go over 1kg.

BUT if you live in Northern Ireland and Scotland and only want a small item (under 700grams so small chain, rim etc.) then put in 'freepost' in the voucher code option. This will make the postage free.

Also on mainland UK orders all orders over £100-00 go free still.

:biggrin:

You might be best with an account with fedex or DPD, DPD charge £5 upto 10kg as long as your sending out 40 a week, which i know is alot of pacels, worth a try as royal mail is a rip off now.

Our local village post office (2 villages away now :sneaky2:) quotes you Royal Mail and Parcel Force prices and was moaning like anything about losing out to Fed Ex etc. because of what Royal mail are charging now.

£5.90 RM or £4.98 Parcel Force to send a parcel to the Isle of Wight second class, same delivery times, big difference in price. Well worth investigating all options for deliveries, especially if your making regular / large quantities of deliveries.

Thanks - it would be easier if it was a standard parcel size but all so orders vary massively.....

I think I'll use post office under 750g and FedEx for the rest.....

As said if you're ordering just a file or something similar off the chainsawbars website put in 'FREEPOST' and this voucher will negate any postage - not to be abused! :001_tongue: It'll also give 4% discount.

:001_smile:

Our local village post office (2 villages away now :sneaky2:) quotes you Royal Mail and Parcel Force prices and was moaning like anything about losing out to Fed Ex etc. because of what Royal mail are charging now.

£5.90 RM or £4.98 Parcel Force to send a parcel to the Isle of Wight second class, same delivery times, big difference in price. Well worth investigating all options for deliveries, especially if your making regular / large quantities of deliveries.

Thanks Luke - I have a parcelforce account (had just closed it as not as good as FedEx).

Believe me I've spent a long time looking at the options for delivery - it's a lot more complicated than it seems.... :sneaky2:

Most places are trying to charge £15 but if you shop around you should find 10 kilo for £6-7 no minimum sends per week next day delivery.

Ok - at the moment I pay FedEx £7-80 inc vat per parcel up to 10 kg and then a small amount every kg after this. Zone 4 postcodes are £18-00 inc vat.

I'm happy, it works, it's reliable.

BUT - when you send a parcel of 10kg to 15kg people don't mind paying a tenner post and packing.....

....A parcel of 3kg is still going to cost me £7-80 inc vat still no matter how it's sent.

So I've set the postage at £4-74 inc vat for orders under £120-00 inc vat - even then on most orders I'll have to make up the difference.

I think the problem is that when people just want a rim or few files they will be "what a fiver postage!!"....

So trusting to peoples honesty if that's all you want put in 'FREEPOST' in the voucher section and you'll get free postage...

But if a small bar and chain for £30-00 then I can't do it for free as what you pay in postage is what it costs me!