Husq XP Saw = XP Oil mix?

raafbeard

Right im obviously plugging my shop and product here, yes I have no shame.:001_tongue:

Now, Ive never tried it but in regards to talking about using old fuel this says it will keep fuel fresh for up to 6 months. Oregon Fuel Additive 5ml - Fuel cans, Oils & Lubricants - Consumables

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of additive?

I would always advise only mixing up the fuel required if an irregular user but it could be worth a shot for the price compared to a new P&C.

Plus I notice some of the stihl high end oils say they have a fuel stabiliser in them.

As for the OP question, I have used a good low cost quality semi synthetic oil for the last 17 years and have never ever had a problem due to poor lubrication, plus its made to the same spec and in the same factories as quite a few of the branded oils!:sneaky2: We do sell the above two stroke but it aint on the web site yet.

The main thing is whatever oil you use get the mix right, I have also heard of quite a few people saying they put a cap full in to a can of fuel!:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve you need a cape and wear your shreddies out side of your tights and the big S on your chest will be for "SPUD" ! ! :thumbup: By the way have finished on the big red wood so can send the 395 for you to cast your eye over if you got space . Best regards Andy .

That would be a good look:lol: reckon th elocal old bill would drag me in for assesment:001_rolleyes:

Cheers Andy - when you are ready......:thumbup:

Right im obviously plugging my shop and product here, yes I have no shame.:001_tongue:

Now, Ive never tried it but in regards to talking about using old fuel this says it will keep fuel fresh for up to 6 months. Oregon Fuel Additive 5ml - Fuel cans, Oils & Lubricants - Consumables

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of additive?

I would always advise only mixing up the fuel required if an irregular user but it could be worth a shot for the price compared to a new P&C.

Plus I notice some of the stihl high end oils say they have a fuel stabiliser in them.

As for the OP question, I have used a good low cost quality semi synthetic oil for the last 17 years and have never ever had a problem due to poor lubrication, plus its made to the same spec and in the same factories as quite a few of the branded oils!:sneaky2: We do sell the above two stroke but it aint on the web site yet.

The main thing is whatever oil you use get the mix right, I have also heard of quite a few people saying they put a cap full in to a can of fuel!:001_rolleyes:

not seen that additive before but must be good for the occasional users.

I wonder if it similar to lead additive

the shelf life of 2 stroke is an odd thing, ive never had any probs in 24 years, if your not using it for a while store it air tight in a cool place so it wont get a chance to heat and cool which would result in condensation and poss water mixing with the fuel which over time won't be good. Same can be said for saws,if your leaving them for a long time make sure they are run empty b4 putting them away and depending on the length of time they are to be left take the spark plug out and put a bit of 2stroke oil in. But with that said with any fuel i have used if you're not sure don't use it.

What is the right 2 stroke oil? I myself use husky saws and have always used either husky or stihl 2 stroke oils, i did once try the cheap option thinking i could save some money when doing some forestry work but all it did was carb up the plug and eventually the plug went pop so you can imagine what it was doing to the rest of the engine! BUT at this time i am using Q8 MOTO RS Extreme 100% fully synth 2 stroke oil supplied from a company called CALDO i imagine they have depots nation wide as the husky synth mix oil was far too expensive!! With most oils fully synth is the best and it gives that NEW saw smell we all love. but with that said always go for the best that u can afford.

the shelf life of 2 stroke is an odd thing, ive never had any probs in 24 years, if your not using it for a while store it air tight in a cool place so it wont get a chance to heat and cool which would result in condensation and poss water mixing with the fuel which over time won't be good. Same can be said for saws,if your leaving them for a long time make sure they are run empty b4 putting them away and depending on the length of time they are to be left take the spark plug out and put a bit of 2stroke oil in. But with that said with any fuel i have used if you're not sure don't use it.

i meant to say the shelf life of 2 strke mix!! oops.