medium Tulip dismantle over pool/house

mistahbenn

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or course I used the flipline once I was passed the first union..... The big shot came in handy yesterday... Getting pretty accurate now :)

Why not from the start....instead of fighting all that extra stretch in the line and using armpower while your legs are redundant. And seems as you have your highline set already you can sit in it while you advance the flip line - take four steps while pushing back into the harness - tend the slack in your highline - advance the flipline again, and so on. Like walking up the tree.

I watched that other video where the guy ziplines the Douglas fir. He goes back the next day and apears to be pulling himself all the way up the standing stem (pole)....with spurs on, I couldn't believe it, but didn't wanna ask.

The Bigshot....I agree with you there, the best money I've spent in years.

I know I know, the first part of the trunk was pretty fat and gnarly, had metal sticking out of it too.... Tulip is weird stuff! This tree had a huge growth spurt in the last 3 years, pushed all that concrete up by the pool, and the rings were nearly an inch in diameter.When I felled the stem, the trunk split exactly in half, which took out that one fence post, but they are replacing all that busted concrete etc. Managed to bend it back into shape alright. Got it on film.

Here is the second video. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHXlJdTADXI]TWM Medium - large tulip wood rigging tree work - YouTube[/ame]

The owner was replacing all the broken up concrete around the pool, that the tree had ruined. Also she was ripping up the brick where I laid the stick, so she wasn't fussed if it got tore up. And she hates the fence around the pool, but the county insist she has it for some reason. I tried to remove it initially, but it wouldn't budge. When the stem fell, it split right in two, making it easier to cut up, but one half touched the fence post, which we fixed and made better than it was before.

• 3 weeks later...