Pfanna air tirol fighter boots?

Matthew Storrs

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know how some of you lads make a pair of boots last years ?? The soles on every boot I have Eva had have gone treadles in 12 months regardless of make and I have tried most , do you wear cheaper boots to drag brash and other non chainsaw related work ??

ah yes just found it the Zermatt GTX. hmm damn I hate options. I reckon i do 50/50 climbing/groundwork, not sure which would suit me better. I much prefer the look of the stiched sole one. but I agree its not so handy when it comes to jamming your foot into a little crevasse

I never had the stitching come undone on the tirols but the GTX have pretty much out lasted them I think due to the rubber surround has made the leather last a lot longer... You will wear out the soles before the boot on both though.

The thing is with both boots you will probably find them extremely hard to break in but it's worth a few blisters!!

The soles on the GTX are also IMO the best got climbing they seem to be a none slip type.. They are definiety worth the money.

I just don't know how some of you lads make a pair of boots last years ?? The soles on every boot I have Eva had have gone treadles in 12 months regardless of make and I have tried most , do you wear cheaper boots to drag brash and other non chainsaw related work ??

Have you tried these Tim?? I get about 6 out of hiaxs and my current pair of an undisclosed boot have lasted 3 months... They got it right with these!!

Hey Marty , I have not tried the troll boots but Every pair of hiax Mendel and so forth have failed , I live in mine and wear them all day every day

Live in mine too, fishing walking and work,

http://49bc469a.jpg

Got these a few months after they came out... Not sure when that was.

I did retire them but my current boots let me down.

Tim, yes i use just Cat steelys for non chainsaw work, I certainly wouldn't wear £200+ worth of boot just to be kicking earth and bonfires around for example. Even so I did wear my Haixs for 2 years straight when I used to do just tree work but to be fair I probably made them last longer then they should have the sole was pretty much hanging of by the time they were cremated! I used to go walking on the moors at weekends with them too they were that comfy

They were fine on spikes.. Probably the best limb walking boots I have used though... Not so good there's no grip left!! But the composition they are made from is very grippy, I will definitely track down a new pair.