monster beech

testcricket01

if there are targets of that calibre you MUST have this tree properly assessed, its critical.

Agreed, you wouldn't want the client to fall foul of gross neglect of duty of care.

A redirect would of been nice to reduce the load dynamics on that limb although it was a static lower rather than a dynamic lower.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

climbing for gareth smith today at a old hall has some massive trees there this is 1 of a pair of copper beech that are both massive, they have some even bigger cedars lovely place, we were working on this monster beech tryed are best not to remove any more bark than already had been removed by the shed limb the ammount of wood off that branch alone filled gareths truck with just timber big job to remove it if ever the time came! wonderful tree! i climbed right to the tips cause i just had to :blushing: its a good 75foot tall but probs 90 ft accross the crown.

testcricket may I use one of these photos tommorow? credit given of course.:thumbup1:

this isnt my job i said to gareth whos job it was the work people have done on it in the past has done it no favours they have lions tailed every limb which would make reduceing it hard much harder but i think they owners are very safety consious they had previous tree surgeons in to just climb up there massive cedars to check for signs of stress etc its down to gareth to tell them what he thinks i told him it needs reducing really.

This site rings a bell I am sure that I climbed one of the cedars on that site when I work for Walkers can't remember the beech tree thou looks like a fun job