Hot,Hot, Hot How to survive the heat!!!

Mark Cattell

I reckon there's some re-absorption going on resulting from an osmotic gradient. It probably also draws out water which then evaporates. So, drink water, pee on t-shirt, re-absorb the salts, lose water through evap which cools you down, drink more water to replace lost water, pee on t-shirt again, and so it goes no. Pure science :)

This sounds like a pissing contest to me:sneaky2:. WADR I would never pea on my mates shirt for one thing,and actually I have never heard of such a practice before today:confused1: Science aside here in the Sunshine State we dress according to the heat and humidity and drink lots of water. Keeping ones back of the neck covered while out in the sun is very important since this area along with your wrist are heat receptors. I find that cold water run over both of these areas during a break very helpful:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

My only solution is to charge round to the in-laws and jump in their pool, have a BBQ and beer then go straight home before they speak to me. :001_tt2:

The best solution of course is to own a massive company, play golf during the cool morning and sit in an air-con office during the afternoon. :001_rolleyes:

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hbxfm4

My only solution is to charge round to the in-laws and jump in their pool, have a BBQ and beer then go straight home before they speak to me. :001_tt2:

The best solution of course is to own a massive company, play golf during the cool morning and sit in an air-con office during the afternoon. :001_rolleyes:

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hbxfm4

Nah have loads of dosh and never work when its windy, raining, snowing, hot, cold, misty or when you cannae be rs'd

:laugh1:

The only air con I get is when I drive machines.

I say every year I'm going to get a unit in the house but never do.

We're thinking about getting an air con unit for the house. The problem is, the cheapest to run and buy ones are evaporative types that increase the humidity in the air as well. The good units that cool and dry the air are very juicy on the electric front - something like 2.5kWh, which works out something like £0.30/hour to run!