Teufelburger ce lanyard

Paulfreebury

I bought one a couple of months ago and I've been a bit disappointed. One end of the friction cord wasn't sealed properly and has gone all 'fluffy'. I should really have returned it but was lazy and think it is only cosmetic as the loop is stitched up but the quality seems to be poor - especially compared with friction cord that came with my Hitch Climber.

I'm also not keen on the thin diameter rope - I like to use it as a separate positioning lifeline so bought the 7m version but don't like the feel of it. I have also found that it seems to be quite susceptible to damage and within a few days of using it the rope had quite a bit of surface damage (though this could just have been me/the job I was on).

On the other hand, in general having a system like this is excellent. I switched from using a length of climbing rope with a knotted loop in the end and a prussik loop with no pulley. Also have a hip bag. The new system is miles better but I don't think you need to buy the CE Lanyard kit.

Most new stuff I've bought recently I like (e.g. Hitch Climber, Stein single bollard, small Impact Block, 16mm Yale Polydyne rigging rope, Stein large rope bag). My other recent disappointment was my new 300mm Silky Tsurugi. I'm used to the curved Zubat 330 and I think I'll sell the Tsurugi and buy a new blade for my Zubat.

Whats unique about the ce lanyard vs any other lanyard? My lanyards are ussually made from ropes i have knicked and are in need of shortening.

apart from the whole system being CE marked and the added thimble there it really is no different to any other lanyard, the thimble or shall we say glorified ringloop is its only main attraction which of course can be added to any lanyard, the use of the pinto itself is great in a climbing system and adding one to a lanyard makes for a cool streamline (but not unique) addition to it but on the whole can be achieved with other pulleys such as the hitchclimber and the stein skywalker..... I always look at a lanyard as one of the most personalised pieces of gear we use, as there aint many climbers i've seen with the same setup.....maybe the same hardware but something is nearly always different this makes it unique for ME!:biggrin:

I have one , I will only use it in the dry as it cost so much , but it is the muts nuts , as good as a lanyard gets IMO

I hear what your saying mate But if it was as good as a lanyard got then it would be cheaper so as you would not have to worry about using it in the wet!!!:001_tongue:

but on the other hand if i did have the spare cash then maybe just maybe i would buy one! it would not bother me using it in the rain though as i can't see why that would be detrimental to it in anyway?:001_smile:

mine was well cheap to make, i already had the crabs and pulley but if i didn't it would all add up to around 60quid i think, much cheaper than the one in question, posted these pics before but this is how i have mine, added a small sling because i was too tight to buy a hitch climber or pinto haha,

IMG_0540.jpg.3be1a63c4c9860e58198c2aa95c79026.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg.a2c7f20e270c362d6bf44471ca89bc24.jpg