How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

13-14km today climbing two munros (Stob Coire Nan Lochan and Bidean Nam Bian - just south of Glencoe) with two short swims - one at the top in a snow melt lochan (4-5 celcius) and the other in the River Coe on the way to the pub (11 celcius). Cracking day for it - lovely sunshine, no wind at all, lots of snow on top (enough to 'sledge' over 100m down a corrie to come off the ridge) and virtually no one on the mountain.

Wish I could run again, but trapped nerve in lower back prevents any such activity.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little 8 hour walk along The Ridgeway Saturday followed by another 8hr walk today 40miles in 2days including 5000ft climbs and decents.Will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in 10 days having never climbed anything higher than a big Popular many moons ago ! Didn't even know I was going to do this 4 weeks ago but hey ho your only here once.If any of the guys would like to throw a few shillings to a good cause the link is Trevor Mills is fundraising for Starlight Children's Foundation thanks Tom

3 hr road ride yesterday

Hi Graham

I did IM UK in 2010 & 2011, wasnt planning on doing 2011 but was gifted a ticket by a training pal 20 days before the race as he didnt want to do it.

Good luck with your training and keep the posts coming, sounds like an interesting mix of sporting endeavours.

Hi Graham, sorry to hear of your loss, its the worst thing for any parent to lose a little one.

How did u get on doin IM in 08 & 09? Did u acheive your goals?

Lanzarote will be nice, dont think the missus would let me go though, nearly ended up divorced in 2010 due to the training loads. Last year was okay as with only 20 days notice I only had 3 weeks to upset her. Probably do IM next year as a mate will be doing his first and Ill end up doin all the training so may as well race. You will have to drop me a PM if doin IMUK next year as I acn take you round the bike course, its only bout 10m from my house

Video

My moment of fame, coming in last year at 11:59:59

thanks paul its not easy but gettin there

my training has always been poor keep getting sore knees the 08 one was only my 3rd ever tri 1st was a sprint 2nd middle then i thought what the hell . just wanted to make it to finish 16.06 .

09 was worse swim was a disaster bike went ok but punctured with 12 mile to go and pushed to hard to try and catch those that past me so that made my run bad .

next year 2 of my mates want to do it so i'll go for it to . i'll defo b in touch if i enter cheers

Finished Cycle: 21 May 2012 18:37:32

Route: Hastings - Eastbourne - Hastings

Google Maps URL: Cyclemeter-Cycle-20120521-1501.kml - Google Maps

Shortened Google Maps URL: Cyclemeter-Cycle-20120521-1501.kml - Google Maps

Ride Time: 3:02:09

Stopped Time: 19:41

Distance: 29.35 miles

Average: 9.67 mph

Fastest Speed: 39.62 mph

Ascent: 271 feet

Descent: 95 feet

Calories: 1751