How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tidy. How precious are you over the carbon fibre having been used to the indestructibility of nineties steel? :D

80's steel mate!! 1988 that one!!

I'm more precious about the old bike tbh it got some salt damage after one ride and can't go on like that, it's one of very few 88 Trekkers left, and the only xt version that I'm aware of. So it's worth at least £50 !!

The carbon fibre is modern junk in comparison, just a tool to do a job with. I do like it though, carbon fibre is far more forgiving than I thought, similar to steel, both of which way nicer than aluminium!

Thanks Mick. It is nice, just getting used to it. So different from a days MTBing which is just a fun day out, road biking is something that can quite easily be no fun at all, so keeping it enjoyable is a challenge (this is my opinion so far) but on a nice day with a good group it is ok, excpet for sharing the road with truck etc.

It was 45% from wiggle, so a tad over £900 not including the tri bars and pedals.

Do you use Strava Mick?

Strava is just an online tracking program for cycling, using a smartphone, lets you see how fast everyone else is.

Interesting point about groups, but I need to go with groups to start with so I learn what I'm capable of. I had a road bike about 6 years ago and hated it and sold it, this time I want to learn to love it and maybe could go on my own, but would rather go offroad on my own at present.

I go sundays with the triathlon club, they do different rides each week (on a six week rotation) and with different objectives on each ride, all good so far but many cancelations due to weather and that fact that its a friggin sunday morning! I have to plan my staurday nights a bit differently these days! Oh, how things have changed!

I've got this Rupe....https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=g.android.gpstracker&hl=en.....same sort of thing I suppose but I never remember to switch it on.

Tbh it doesn't really bother me how far I go or how fast I don't go at this time of year. I'll just set myself x amount of hours for the day and plod along for the first hour by which time I generally know if I'm up for a good ride or not and adjust to suit.

• 4 weeks later...
I always work out my position as a percentage of the total number that took part, so you get a good comparison no matter how big the race is.

I like that. Just outside the top third though - that's got to be the goal :D

Thetford Duathlon yesterday - shaved a minute of last years time around the same course (bit wetter too IMO). Came in 18th/57 in my age group and 35th/123 overall so 28 -31%ish. Getting there mate...