Oregon Chains

face cord

I think they make chains for " Carlton" and " Sarrp" But I don't know about a difference in quality . You sure he is not talking about pro chain against low kick back home owner stuff ?

Carlton can be brought from 'Mister solutions' they are ok, I think they are made by a sub-company of Oregon. I have used them for lower load use on say MS260's and some 3/8 chain but found the high quality Oregon better for big jobs where they will run longer between sharpening.

Hi All,

Oregon chains all the way here:thumbup1:.....as previous posters have indicated....I don't think there is a quality difference in Oregon products, I think it is just a reference to commercial as against domestic markets really.

Regards

Martin

Blount Inc produce Oregon chain and Carlton chain, they have just stopped making Windsor chain and Chipmaster chain these are no longer available except whats left in the marketplace.

Sarp was also made as a special label in Europe.

The difference between them is

Oregon chain is a full feature chain with patent features

Lubri-link that keep chain oil moving around the bar rail and sprocket nose better

Lubri-well designed to trap chain oil on the tie straps to give extra lubrication across the chain.

Vibe-ban a chamfer off the heel of the cutters that reduces vibration

And we use a patended Steel to make our Oregon chain.

Quick history lesson Joe Cox invented modern day saw chain from copying the wood larvea beetle he started Oregon chain in 1946.

Carlton chain is manufactured in Portland in a different factory, i was there in Jan 2010, the production method is different and the chain components do not have the features of Oregon chain as described earlier.

Both chains can be sharpened to give great performance, having used both, sold both and made a living from both.

Hope this clears that up, the dealers description was that of the old technology v the new technology i.e the new X ground Oregon chains are faster cutting.

Les

I thought I was right about Carlton and Sarp and Windsor . Thanks . :thumbup1:

sorry stubby didnt think oregon made carlton chain, used it years ago didnt stay sharp and just broke after a couple off days, had to bin 2 chains not the same quality as oregon:001_smile:

sorry stubby didnt think oregon made carlton chain, used it years ago didnt stay sharp and just broke after a couple off days, had to bin 2 chains not the same quality as oregon:001_smile:

Hey Paddy its no biggie bud . I agree with you Oregon branded is best my friend :thumbup: