Injured... what to do about it?

David Goss

No, personal accident and sickness policies are not, PLI and EL are.But tbh thats quibbling over pennies, when you need it, youll be glad of it, I am. Ask yourself, how can i cope with no income for x no of weeks. Id never bee ill in all my working life, yet ive now been off work since Oct last year, without insurance i would have been screwed, possibly bankrupt by now, but financially scuppered certainly.

i am asking myself that now mate! bit too late though:thumbdown:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is rest, plain and simple.

Find another job that does not involve physical work for your arm, adapt to the situation for the time being.

Sort out the things that are not in place that would make this experience better.

There is going to be a time where you cannot do this job, so rather than wait for the bomb to drop, prepare for it.

Wise words Mr Blair:thumbup1:

Been thinking along those lines anyway but i hate to think of me doing another job. I got lots of thinking and decisions to be making thats for sure but i do believe i have many years climbing in me yet :001_smile:

I spent 3 months on light duties back in 1990 while in the army . Due to severe laceration's to my back caused by an explosive cock up . In That time I learnt how to speak spanish lol . Look upon your injury not as a hindrance but as an opportunity . Heal quick . Un san miguel mi amigo :biggrin:

David, if you are thinking of taking insurance out for future injuries you may find they won't cover a previous injury, I went to get covered and had to list all ailments I had, also previous problems/injuries (there was no point in stretching the truth as they would have access to my doctors records) when I got the policy through Nothing that had a previous injury was covered, when I called them to explain that if anything goes in my body there's a good chance it would be a previous problem. Not covered, so in the end I never bothered as I got the impression that they would try to find a way not to pay.

David, if you are thinking of taking insurance out for future injuries you may find they won't cover a previous injury, I went to get covered and had to list all ailments I had, also previous problems/injuries (there was no point in stretching the truth as they would have access to my doctors records) when I got the policy through Nothing that had a previous injury was covered, when I called them to explain that if anything goes in my body there's a good chance it would be a previous problem. Not covered, so in the end I never bothered as I got the impression that they would try to find a way not to pay.

well that sucketh big time seeing as doctors have had a poke and a prod at pretty much all of me at one time or another. I will need to make sure the wife reads the small print :001_rolleyes:

I also meant to say I now just keep 4 months wages in a savings account just in case.

Get well soon, all the guys I know from Edinburgh through the training swear by this place, it may be worth a call.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=space%20physio%20edinburgh&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spaceclinics.co.uk%2F&ei=kxisT9uAMaiQ0AWHhYxW&usg=AFQjCNF3n4qArOH2CS1tlcxGERCynDC13w&sig2=cuCHUvPltDnBk_dpcnJ0HA

that is a real good idea :thumbup:

Cheers for all replies so far, there is some good stuff in there:thumbup:

It's ok as long as you can afford it. Otherwise have you looked at a driving job (can you drive atm?)? Can be good money apparently driving little vans for pharmacies etc. a mate of mine does it while at uni and they are quite a good employer apparently.