New Jensen A540 Turntable Chipper

I think it was the 37.5 isuzu engine variation. I had asked for the A430 turntable as we like the bigger chipper but this was available. Very very fast infeed and as we were feeding Robinia with huge spikes on it made for a few scratches!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whys the road tow available with 50hp, but only 45 for the turntable?

The 50hp none turbo 540 is available as an in-line machines but the engine compartment has been lengthened to incorporate the larger block, this could be done on the turntable but is not offered as an option because there is no real need for the additional engineering to incorporate the 50 hp in turntable version, the 37hp kubota combined with jensen's, heavy open flywheel system is an extremely capable chipper, the 45hp turbo option makes an excellent chipper into an extreme chipping machine. try it and see:thumbup1:

...and the price of replacement blades ?

Sorry Dean

The list price for the 540 blades is

Jensen Blades £145 each. £290 / set

Pattern Blades £100.50 each, £201 / set

I could do some discount off these prices, give me a call / pm 07880 646067:thumbup1:

Sorry Dean

The list price for the 540 blades is

Jensen Blades £145 each. £290 / set

Pattern Blades £100.50 each, £201 / set

I could do some discount off these prices, give me a call / pm 07880 646067:thumbup1:

Cheer Ed, I,m costing them against my Bandit which are around £100 a set I think, but the 540 are quite big blades I believe.

Not too bad if you get a good few sharpens out of them but a bummer if you take a big chunk out of them with a nail.

What are the service intervals ed ?

Cheer Ed, I,m costing them against my Bandit which are around £100 a set I think, but the 540 are quite big blades I believe.

Not too bad if you get a good few sharpens out of them but a bummer if you take a big chunk out of them with a nail.

What are the service intervals ed ?

Dean

Service periods are initial Hyd filter 20 hrs

oil and fuel filters and engine oil 50 hrs

full engine service 250hrs then every 250 after that.

hyd oil 1000hrs

chipper blades have approx 30mm of sharpening (2 Sets suppiled with new machine)

Main rotor bearings sealed

top and botom roller shafts and top roller bearing greased every 8 hours

bottom roller bearing sealed.

(New chipper can be supplied with greasable bearings if prefered)

Grease Turntable weekly

Hope this helps cheers

Phil (Bald Ed):thumbup:

...and the price of replacement blades ?

The cost of blades will be a major concern to Dean seeing as he sharpens them twice a week! :001_tongue:

I find Jensen blades last a long time. :thumbup1:

Maybe to do with the sloping hopper shaking a lot of the grit and rubbish out before it goes in?

Maybe to do with the sloping hopper shaking a lot of the grit and rubbish out before it goes in?

Possibly so but the sloping hopper is THE worst feature of any chipper anywhere in my experience; my a530t had it and I hate it with a passion; stuff falls out but it was major back ache for me. I used to track it up on a stick to level it up and save my back.

Possibly so but the sloping hopper is THE worst feature of any chipper anywhere in my experience; my a530t had it and I hate it with a passion; stuff falls out but it was major back ache for me. I used to track it up on a stick to level it up and save my back.

Maybe you are really tall?

We have a 530T and I like the fact that you can just walk stuff into the hopper without losing momentum. It saves my back.

With a flat table machine you drag to the chipper, stop, have to lift the butt end of the brash up higher and then pivot it over the back of the feed table for it to get bitten by the feed rollers like a flat table machine.

Its two movements instead of one.

The fold down hoppers with an open top are far better for bent material, but if you are going to cut wide / bent material up to put it through a chipper with an enclosed sloping hopper, it takes no longer to dress it out a bit straighter than to just cut it smaller any old how.

When we got this machine it took me a couple of weeks to adapt how I worked, and IMO, the pro's outweigh the con's.

The small amount of bits that do fall out on the floor isn't really an issue.