Forklift or what other tool

difflock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with avants, boxers and bobcats is you often want the bulk bag one row in and it weighs a tonne. A 2 tonne tele is small enough to get around a small yard but still has the muscle. I would look at something like the maniscopic

Thanks, I am still looking, probably settle for a straight but tired/high hours telescopic, since it is only a wheen o hours a month I dont need blistering performance.

However I do not intend to buy a bing o scrap (again!) but I might.(sigh:blushing:)

Softly softly catchee monkey, I hope anyway.

cheers

Marcus

We use a MF 362 (two wheel drive - much better lock) with a forklift attachment on the back and a rack of weighs on the front. It has no problem lifting bulk bags of logs, good on rough terrain, it's taxed and insuranced for the road so we can take it to sites if we need and it weighs in a around 2.6t so it can be put on a trailer and towed behind the landy also. A set of extension forks would give you some extra reach. It cost £4500 plus £500 for a second hand forklift attachment. Multi function vehicle, shuttle gear box, all the cab glass, radio and no scary hydro transmission or pumps to worry about. Had it now about 5 years I think - reckon it's still worth what we paid for it which is more than can be said for most old telescopics. Just a thought and how we addressed a similar problem. :001_smile:

Gareth,

........ that would be the only other sensible route, I am currently, also, possibly, as well, maybe, perhaps, ogling a 3065 2WD Mf with front links,

....... I do have a tractor forklift that I could then mount on the front forks, and leave it there.

But NO forward reach,

......... though I suppose I could cobble together a fork extension kit and sling the odd bag that needed set back or lifted forward a row..

..........but a "spare" PTO

Cheers

M

If you're just lifting bags, what about a straight forward jib on the forks with a hook for the bag loops, similar to a fertiliser bag handler... light steel RSJ welded onto a length of box section & slide it onto a fork....? cheap, cheerful & effective...

Thanks, I am still looking, probably settle for a straight but tired/high hours telescopic, since it is only a wheen o hours a month I dont need blistering performance.

However I do not intend to buy a bing o scrap (again!) but I might.(sigh:blushing:)

Softly softly catchee monkey, I hope anyway.

cheers

Marcus

I would look for a straight clean late 80's jcb or manitou. Avoid the joystick stuff they are full of electronics and get worse as they get newer.

For some reason straight clean late 80's telehandlers seem to be as rare as unmolested Mitisbitsi Evo's or sporty Sabarus Imprezas of a similar age would be:lol:

As in

" I knew her before she was a Virgin"

Ok a different angle, a tatty well used ex virgin 1980's teleporter will give you good service. When the auto box packs up you will pick one up for £500 and fit it in an afternoon. Wheras if it was ten years old you will probably need to take the engine out to get to it then on reassembly will damage a sensor and need the whole lot out again. Had mine about ten years the roof leaks all over the seat none of the lights work. nearly every box leaks oil and some times the viscous coupling has a bad day but on the whole it always does a days work when required and is still worth what I paid. :biggrin: