Files

DN22 Gardening

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but the current batch of stihl files only last maybe 3/4 sharpens per file, then you may as well rub it with your finger.

as for all the comments of "you're using too many files"

whats everybody basing their assumptions on ??? do you know how many cutters i have ? cutting conditions ? etc

same for asking if my staff have 'sticky fingers'.. i trust my staff 100%, they handle cash, have keys to both my house and premises...

this forums getting far to opinionistic......in my opinion :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate,i for one assumed you were a one man band. Apologies:blushing:

know what you mean mozza, i once got through a brand new 15" chain in one day.

we should start a "railway contractors helpline" :lol: to help people get over the trauma

no need to appologise mr varty,

if by one man band you mean i own the co. then you're right,

if you mean just me and a dog, then you're wrong :lol:

had 4 subbies as well as my own staff at one point, not nice when it comes to payday. lol

run two teams of my own plus whatever subbies are required at the time

reducing roadside hedgerows today and hit everything from iron bars to an actual iron !!!!

but then again, i do need to get my eyes checked

your right 3/4max sharpens and the file is not worth keeping and this is how it should be, trying to sharpen the chain with a blunt file is worst than not sharpening it at all in some case's anyway! the vallorbe are really good, the stihl files are very soft and i've done one round trip on a 30" bar and its been binned before....buy quality mate 4/5 may 6 sharpens out them remember keep your strokes light, pull out on release.............:blushing: yes i know what it sounds like......anyway you don't need being told how to sharpen.......let us know what you think when you used a few mate....:thumbup1:

Hi mate I've used stihl but there too soft now use vallorbe off Justin there better thanks jon

just ordered some buddy, or tried to, they don't do 5.2mm

tried the oregon ones

i'll let you know how we get on with them

:thumbup:

Dave in rainy Leverton

Edited by DN22 Gardening

vallorbo files are made by oregon and in the same factory ,a dif grade of file

There's a lot of rumours as to quality of steel and who makes what.... but I'm pretty sure Vallorbe and Pferd in Switzerland make most files. Vallorbe make the oregon files though I think not the other way around....

The Stihl EZ file system is identical to the Pferd EZ file and I'd bought several of the Pferd ones before the Stihl version appeared which makes it seem like there's a tie in there....

It's almost like the Husky/Stihl debate there is no clear winner only different opinions!!