200t Fuel leak

Guest Billabong

Guest Billabong

Evening all.

I noticed my 200t leak a small amount of fuel when I put it on it's side to check fuel and oil tanks.

It runs fine.

When I cleaned the air filter out and the little black sponge in the air filter, the little black sponge was pretty saturated with fuel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Evening all.

I noticed my 200t leak a small amount of fuel when I put it on it's side to check fuel and oil tanks.

It runs fine.

When I cleaned the air filter out and the little black sponge in the air filter, the little black sponge was pretty saturated with fuel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

The fuel tank has three holes in it, the fuel line, the breather and the fuel cap.

If the saw is on its side, it isn't the fuel cap so check the breather, this is along side the fuel pipe outlet, there are a number of breathers fitted over a period of time. Older saws have a push in fibre breather, then came the mushroom on a pipe type and laterly a longer pipe with the multi hole breather on the end located in the top left hand side of the airbox.

It is pretty normal for the black sponge to be saturated in oil/petrol. Get yourself a small inspection torch and give it a good look at when it is on its side - worth seeing if the fuel is coming out of the choke part of the carb - that may be a leaking needle valve but if it is running OK - it is unlikely.

Check the fuel line and the point where it is sealed in its hole in the fuel tank - may be leaking on that seal!

Good luck

Its usually the tank breather that leaks, but its usually the older designs as Spud suggests.

had exactly the same on a couple of my toppys, both the breather, one the 'mushroom' had dissapeard completely, and the other the little rubber hose had split, from what ive heard its pretty common and the first place id check, luckily a really quick and cheap fix if so!

Guest Billabong

Thanks for the help guys. Will take it apart n have a gander this weekend! It's a 2009 model, just picked it up for £325 second hand, runs a dream apart from the leaking issue.

Will post update on what it is if i find it!

Cheers,

Jon

Guest Billabong

I've just got round to tackling this job. How do I go about getting the handle off and to the fuel tank and carburetta?

Cheers

Air filter box off, air filter off, carb out by two nuts, throttle linkage is on the carb and so is choke, this comes off when removing carb.

Handle is one screw just above air filter box on handle at the back and there is some at the front by chain break.

Once these are off behind carb there is a big hose on the inlet to cylinder this pulls of but there is a spring typ seal on it so look out for this when removing.

The casing around the saw itself is held in with screws, work you way around underneath and above should be able to pull the casing off backwards away from the bar end.

This should expose enough to see the tank etc.

Taking some pics with camera or phone will aid in the rebuild.

Guest Billabong

Hi Rich. Thanks a lot mate, I have found the problem.

I have attached a pic of what it is. It's the top of a breather hose, sits to the left of the carburetta and has cracked on the end.

Does anyone know what the part is or part number so I can order one?

Thanks a lot,

Jon :thumbup:

DSC00692.jpg.17402cdf6d9e11ed43a6f501f512f15c.jpg