Arborists Needed In Australia

Paton

For kjames.

Re age limits, not sure if you are asking what's the max age Paton is looking for, or whats the age limit for considering moving to OZ. If its the former, then only the original poster can answer that for you.

If its the latter, then I can't find any max upper limit on the Australian Govs website. What is important is that Arborists are on the AusGovs skilled occupation list, which means that if you have either the quals, skills or experience and you are sponsered by an employer then you are likely to be granted a work visa subject to certain other criteria. IE: not be suffering from any ongoing illnesses or diseases, having a criminal record for interfferring with wombats or any other illegal activity.

Basically, you have to have a sponsor, an actual job to go to filling a skills shortage and your not going to be a drain on the their resources, then you should be ok.

If you are between 18-30 then your other alternative is to apply for a 12 month young persons working holiday visa. You don't have to have a sponsor or any work set up in advance, and your free to work where ever you can get it.

Hope this helps. Of course you would have to do a bit more in depth research, this is just bare bones as far as I can make out.

Thanks for that:thumbup1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my email is [email protected] and I will send you my cv.

A fully qualified Tree Surgeon with over 15 years experience of working within arboriculture. With a National Diploma in Horticulture/Arb and Forestry I recently gaines AA Tech cert . Over the past 15 years I have proven myself as an excellent climber with good quality tree knowledge.

Lantra Professional Tree Inspection 2012

Merrist Wood Arboriculture Technician Certificate AA 2010 NPTC CS30, CS31A, CS31B, CS38, CS39 2005

PAL MEWPS License 2009

LANTRA Risk Assessment for Commercial Arboriculture 2007

De Montfort University National Diploma Arboriculture/Horticulture 2000

De Montfort University National Diploma Forestry 1998

Brighton & Hove First Aid 2008

Brighton & Hove Chapter 8 2009

Network Rail PTS+ Medical 2009

CSCS Construction skills 2010

Banovallum School 7 x GCSEs inc. Maths, Eng, Science & IT 1997

For kjames.

Re age limits, not sure if you are asking what's the max age Paton is looking for, or whats the age limit for considering moving to OZ. If its the former, then only the original poster can answer that for you.

If its the latter, then I can't find any max upper limit on the Australian Govs website. What is important is that Arborists are on the AusGovs skilled occupation list, which means that if you have either the quals, skills or experience and you are sponsered by an employer then you are likely to be granted a work visa subject to certain other criteria. IE: not be suffering from any ongoing illnesses or diseases, having a criminal record for interfferring with wombats or any other illegal activity.

Basically, you have to have a sponsor, an actual job to go to filling a skills shortage and your not going to be a drain on the their resources, then you should be ok.

If you are between 18-30 then your other alternative is to apply for a 12 month young persons working holiday visa. You don't have to have a sponsor or any work set up in advance, and your free to work where ever you can get it.

Hope this helps. Of course you would have to do a bit more in depth research, this is just bare bones as far as I can make out.

Do you know if the 18-30 rule includes 30 years olds?

cheers

My understanding was this applies until you become 31 so if you get you can still get your visa while you are 30. Then you can travel to Aus in one year after you have been granted the visa so you could get the visa while you are 30 and still travel over once you are 31 as long as it is within a year of you being granted your visa if that makes sense.

Graham

4 weeks left till I go over!

My understanding was this applies until you become 31 so if you get you can still get your visa while you are 30. Then you can travel to Aus in one year after you have been granted the visa so you could get the visa while you are 30 and still travel over once you are 31 as long as it is within a year of you being granted your visa if that makes sense.

Graham

4 weeks left till I go over!

cool. I got 10 months left. Giving some serious thought to a stint in oz.

• 1 month later...
Hey there

if there are any positiions left i am interested. email any information to me on:

[email protected].

I am a freelance climber

Thank you

Paul Goodman

Paul,paul,paul........... :confused1:

No offence mate, you may be a decent bloke and possibly the greatest tree worker in the world just waiting to be discovered........

But, if you are serious about wanting to find out work availability with the original poster, then why don't you PM the OP as directed.

Your approach is far to sloppy and lazy. If I was the OP I would'nt waste my time chasing someone who could'nt be arsed to follow simple instructions, like "PM me if interested"!!!

Bare in mind its a tough jobs market out there, it's an employers market, and I suspect that they are more likely to go for someone who is able to demonstrate intiative, keeness and an ability to follow simple instruction than some twit with a plethora of quals and CS units, who sits on their behind and expects the employer to come knocking on their door begging them to come and work for them.

Seriously mate, I'm not trying to "P on yer chips" just for the hell of it. My criticism is aimed at trying to encourage you to take a more proactive approach to your job search, as I feel this is more likely to lead to a positive approach.

• 6 months later...

Hi thankyou for reading.. i work currently in england for a arb approved firm and have done for several years (5 to be precise) Apex tree surgeons Ltd, 3 years before that with another firm, i am flying to sydney on the 5th febuary come to australia, i wish to furthen and broaden my horizons in my selected trade which i have commited myself too since i was 16. i am hard working. reliable and always give 100% these are my qualifications>

cs41.

cs39

cs30.1

cs30.2

cs31

unit one

unit 2

NPTC LEVEL 2 unit 1 & 2 tree climbing and ariel rescue

plant trees (T6)

support arboricultural operations (T22)

dispose of residues from tree work operations(T23)

carry out of ground arboricultural operations(T26)

install structural supports for trees(T27)

maintain plants outdoors (CU76)

ensure your actions reduce risks to health and safety (ENTO)(Unit A)

level 2 nvq in arboriculture

pa6a

pa6aw

appointed first aid certificate.

also a cscs card and have also sat safety awareness courses

a job or further information regarding what i need to get a job would be very much appreciated. references, photos, customer feed back available at your request..... Kelvin.24 years of age.

Or [email protected]