Hourly Rates For Woodland Work?

I have potentially got some work next winter for a farmer in a couple of his small woodlands and some hedgerow coppicing. I know what I want to charge per metre for the hedgerow work but the woodland work will have to be charged per hour as there isnt the timber quantity to do it for the wood. I have a rough hourly figure in mind just wondered what others charge for similar work.

One site is very neglected, dark, lots of bramble and the trees are mostly Willows and Elder. There is a dry moat around it, so although access isnt great, there wont be that much decent timber to take out. Probably total area about 4 acres and we have proposed to do an acre a year etc.

Second site is more timber, smallish Ash, Sycamores, Hazel (that have been coppiced probably 15-20yrs ago). Again a dry moat around it and probably 1.5-2acres and will clear 90% within the moat. Farmer is looking at using this site for Glamping in the future so wont be take tractors etc in there if there is any chance of making a mess, so will probably remove timber with small trailer or dragging out. Possibly around 20-25t of timber to come out in total.

So basically I'm pricing for 2men, chainsaws, clearing brushwood (either neatly stacking for wildlife or burning) and either stacking timber for wildlife or taking timber out to roadside where I will then load onto trailer, weigh it and then offer to buy it off the farmer per ton.

Any comments would be great and I would be very interested in reading them, thanks

do it based on the FC standard operating costs as a day rate, that way you can prove that your not making it up, also if they have a woodland improvement grant of FC they will be claiming the money for it at a rate of 80%

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/ewgs-on009-standard-costs.pdf/$file/ewgs-on009-standard-costs.pdf

do it based on the FC standard operating costs as a day rate, that way you can prove that your not making it up, also if they have a woodland improvement grant of FC they will be claiming the money for it at a rate of 80%

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/ewgs-on009-standard-costs.pdf//ewgs-on009-standard-costs.pdf

Charlie, that pdf is ace - hopefully a way to be able to justify upping prices to what they should be for a man and a saw :thumbup1:

no it will be forest craftsperson L10 in the labour section, you may find that if grant funding is being paid the owners will still try and get it for £120/day as this is essentially the 80% of the £150 that is actually paid out

the hr rate i was thinking of for 2 men wouldn't be far out that figure then, thanks for that Charlie, great piece of info