speach less!

Craig Johnson

Street trees get tonked, end of, its the way its done, budgets and realities and restrictions all play their part.

Most of the guys on this forum couldnt get the volume of work done these firms do for the money, its a different game.

Pithy:001_smile:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Street trees get tonked, end of, its the way its done, budgets and realities and restrictions all play their part.

Most of the guys on this forum couldnt get the volume of work done these firms do for the money, its a different game.

Agreed we cannot compete with low end work like that and the tight pricing they put on it. It just de values the effort we go to.

Beside just think about the extra volume of timber they would of had to deal with.

And I reckon we could compete and do the same job for the same money we just would not do it as its not the sort of thing we are interested in.

But! We have done this type of wJustin's wil do again, just I can see no justification here.

Agreed we cannot compete with low end work like that and the tight pricing they put on it. It just de values the effort we go to.

Beside just think about the extra volume of timber they would of had to deal with.

And I reckon we could compete and do the same job for the same money we just would not do it as its not the sort of thing we are interested in.

But! We have done this type of wJustin's wil do again, just I can see no justification here.

Don't know what that bit means, I do know what sanctimony means and this post is full of it.

I've been too busy trying to find the female dorm with street view :001_tongue:

Do we know what went on with the job? How do we know the people who done the job did not advise of what would have been best for the trees? Did they advise and then get told that the job that has been done was what they wanted done and ignored the advise? The customer is always right and no matter how much advise you give some just want it there way!

I don't know what they should look like so I really have not much say in it but just saying what i see.

I think your missing the point, this avenue of trees line an historic and heavily used area of an historic town, if you have been into York you will have seen this avenue of trees,

Now they look crap and will always look crap

They have been topped not pollarded and it,s a crap job that's been done

Pollards are also high maintainance, so budget doesn't come into it either

In France you see some spectacular pollards, they would look great, but these are never going to be that

5ce8c81b-0493-4f67.jpg

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

The thing is, nobody placed any objections to the planning application to fell 13 trees and to re-pollard the trees in Lord Mayor's Walk. It's a re-pollard, which is why, I should think, they have just been done to the cuts that were there before.

See the planning details here: 11/00849/TCA | Fell (T1,4,9,10,12,16,24,26,28,30,32,34,36), re-pollard remaining Trees in the Conservation Area | York St John University Lord Mayors Walk York YO31 7EX

Edited by Pedroski

The thing is, nobody placed any objections to the planning application to fell 13 trees and to re-pollard the trees in Lord Mayor's Walk. It's a re-pollard, which is why, I should think, they have just been done to the cuts that were there before.

See the planning details here: 11/00849/TCA | Fell (T1,4,9,10,12,16,24,26,28,30,32,34,36), re-pollard remaining Trees in the Conservation Area | York St John University Lord Mayors Walk York YO31 7EX

Should they need to, thats the tree officers job isn't it! To specify what can and can't be done

[/u]

Don't know what that bit means, I do know what sanctimony means and this post is full of it.

Ops stupid predictive text was supposed to say work, as in I,ve done my fair share of bad work and will do again in future it's inevitable, I know it's bad it's just the nature of the job you cannot always do the right thing.

Anyway I,ll get my coat.

It says it all in paragraph two of the report summary

In other words, someone carried out bogey workmanship in the past and topped and ruined them and tried to pass it off as a pollard

Just goes to prove topping ruins trees

Did you look at google street view?