Advice please

predator

hello again i,ve got a silverline splitting maul and the head has fallen off and want to repair it to use as a wedge and was thinking of re attaching with araldite or would tetrosyle fibafill be stronger i know i,v posted about this before but its like a nagging nail and want to repair it cheaply and as i,ve still got the shaft & head i would like to do a decent repair and get the satisfaction of fixing something that was broken etc as my money is very limited and saving for new braces for my chainsaw pants etc

any input would be greatfully recieved

oh and where to get the best braces/cheapest braces from so i can order asap etc as my new pants pull my undies down lol fed up off pulling my pants up etc

forgot whats the best trimmer line for my fs40 as its almost empty my cousin let me have it cheap but the spools almost empty its fitted with some yellow square edged stuff that seems to work well with long grass etc thanks for any advice taa

hello again i,ve got a silverline splitting maul and the head has fallen off and want to repair it to use as a wedge and was thinking of re attaching with araldite or would tetrosyle fibafill be stronger i know i,v posted about this before but its like a nagging nail and want to repair it cheaply and as i,ve still got the shaft & head i would like to do a decent repair and get the satisfaction of fixing something that was broken etc as my money is very limited and saving for new braces for my chainsaw pants etc

any input would be greatfully recieved

oh and where to get the best braces/cheapest braces from so i can order asap etc as my new pants pull my undies down lol fed up off pulling my pants up etc

BUY CHEAP usually = BUY TWICE

BUY CHEAP usually = BUY TWICE

don,t i know it lol live n learn etc i started with a mc crappy saw and this log burner lark as cost me a few bob to set up to be honest its skint me with the bank etc going bonkers and only for the kind folkes on here helping me through it all i would off given up everything its kept me going the banter etc

i,am like old albert of the fast show oh,! bugger lol i,ve had no luck

but had a few sunshine days shaved my beared back off and went out yesterday and ordered some braces this morning so i can use my saw and keep safe etc as my log pile is outa control i will post a picture later if it stops raining pissistantly this morning

i have a silverline splitting maul its split tonnes of wood,shaft came off i put it back on an chucked it in a bucket of water. was fine until i bust shaft on it then i bought a hickory one and its fine if you are wanting a wedge buy a wedge imo use the tool for the job its made for :)

As treemonky said get yourself s proper splitting wedge and get new hickory or ash shaft for your splitting maul.there's a good chance the maul head will be hardened steel,I was always taught not to strike two hardened metals together ie two hammers as they could shatter, or you'll just wear out what your using to hit it. Making sense? Hope it's stopped raining for you anyway :thumbup:

As treemonky said get yourself s proper splitting wedge and get new hickory or ash shaft for your splitting maul.there's a good chance the maul head will be hardened steel,I was always taught not to strike two hardened metals together ie two hammers as they could shatter, or you'll just wear out what your using to hit it. Making sense? Hope it's stopped raining for you anyway :thumbup:

good thinking forgot about the hardened steel bit & it is to be honest thanks for pointing that out