TPO Farce

delabodge

In my opinion it's a major flaw in the way TPOs are administered. I feel it would be much better to pro-actively serve TPOs on high value trees instead of always reacting to perceived threats.

After all, listed buildings are protected on their merits rather than when they are threatened with demolition.

In my opinion it's a major flaw in the way TPOs are administered. I feel it would be much better to pro-actively serve TPOs on high value trees instead of always reacting to perceived threats.

After all, listed buildings are protected on their merits rather than when they are threatened with demolition.

its the same with everything council related,,,you rattle there cage and it seems to be something to justify there jobs,,,ive also just spent 9mths getting planning permission for a greenhouse and shed on my allotment,,,had to go above the council to get the result,,,after explaining the permitted development rule to them,,:blushing:

if I hadnt done the right thing,ie inquire,,then i could have removed it monday,,but ,,surely thats not right,,,

How did you ask if there was a TPO?

Ie 'Is there a TPO at number XXX' compared to, 'There is a beautiful oak I want to fell at number XXX is it TPO'd?'

:001_tongue:

I would just carry on with the work if they havent given papers/orders to the customer, If they havent already TPO'd it then surely it isnt worth TPOing!:sneaky2:

I would just carry on with the work if they havent given papers/orders to the customer, If they havent already TPO'd it then surely it isnt worth TPOing!:sneaky2:

How would you know if the customer HAD received the order in the post but didn't want to admit it because they want the tree felled?!

I gave notice to fell two crappy trees in a conservation area, council stuck a TPO on it, so I appealed.

"The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 makes special provision for trees in conservation areas which are not the subject of a TPO. Under Section 211 anyone proposing to cut down or carry outworks on a tree in a conservation area is required to give the Local Planning Authority six week’s prior notice (a ‘section 211 notice’). The purpose of this requirement is to give the LPA an opportunity to consider whether a TPO should be made in respect of the tree. The LPA have now made a TPO on the trees dated 2 March 2012.

The legislation under Section 211 Notices provides no right of appeal to the Secretary of State. I appreciate that you will be disappointed by the response by the response. However in light of the above we cannot accept it."

Therefore I have to make another application wait another 6 -8 weeks then appeal again!:cursing: