Advice on ash tree.

Czlowiek Drzewo

Ash tree in conservation area.

Tree has severe dieback on crown. It has a large lean and is very heavy one side with lean. I could not see any decay at base or on stem at all and i did not see any signs of disease / fungi after good inspection. ( there is fungi growing on dead branches about 40ft up ) It looks like it has slightly moved at base at wall has fresh crack in it.

If tree failed it would cause a lot of damage and pics don't do it justice for its size. costumer says it has died back hard over the last few years.

Any ideas why it has died back so hard ?

5976605aea610_ashtree008.jpg.edb24a9c0bd73949e5ef8fc953db3f35.jpg

5976605ae8591_ashtree007.jpg.58b8e4c052d9b979100d2c6912066f2f.jpg

5976605ae43e6_ashtree006.jpg.5d1a5b5e62e69e4d009958f38ead28f6.jpg

5976605adec55_ashtree005.jpg.89a19a86cc25105e26a82ff149f0d1d7.jpg

probably a combination of Inonotus hispidus in the crown and Pholota squarosus in the roots

Will maybe talk to costumer about inspecting the crown ( take better pics and re-post )

Would a crown reduction of dead wood help? and taking of some of the weight on right hand side? Client wants it down but i am getting softer towards tree.

Looks like the tree has finally given up due to a restricted and compromised rooting zone.

Personally I'd be recommending a fell to ground level as with that lean and general position of the tree pollarding is gonna look pathetic and will no doubt send the tree into complete and utter death.............stone dead.

Where is that anyway Martyn? Bearsden?

Looks like the tree has finally given up due to a restricted and compromised rooting zone.

Personally I'd be recommending a fell to ground level as with that lean and general position of the tree pollarding is gonna look pathetic and will no doubt send the tree into complete and utter death.............stone dead.

Where is that anyway Martyn? Bearsden?

Tim. Risk st, Clydebank.

Yeah pointless pollarding it as it would look hellish and most likely just die anyway.

It does look hazardous so best to fell.