Landrover v the rest

Hodge

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landy for the win.

What else can top my field,run saw bench,haul my g't ass with relative decent leg room (older series vehicle without plastic dash),carry logs,tow well off road with stupid loads,cost diddly squat to fix,peanuts to insure,and zero road tax.And capably take me off road pretty much where ever i have put it,and the darn body dosnt rot? annnndd fit in really dinky spots even thru customers gateways into there front garden turn round and come out again.....yer not many vehicles right there huh?

No, thats the one I have its a 2.4, it was discontinued in the 2012 model the new 2.2 is a freelander engine. In the freelander its pretty nice, not sure how it would feel towing my wee tractor though....

No, the 2012 2.2 Defender engine is a development of the 2.4 "Puma" (Duratorq/Transit engine) and is NOT a Freelander engine. There is actually very little difference indeed between the 2.4 and 2.2 Defender engines; the power and torque is (on paper at least) exactly the same. Main differences is that 2.2 is a "Euro 5" compliant engine whilst the 2.4 was only "Euro 4" for emissions, hence would now be illegal to sell new. The most significant difference is that the 2.2 has a diesel particulate filter on the exhaust, which everyone is predicting will cause untold trouble (like it seems to on many other EU5 engines).

Initial reports on the 2.2 Defender are generally favourable, though there seem to be more turbo/intercooler hose problems than with the 2.4 (possibly the boost pressure is higher).

There has never been an engine that is used in both Freelander and Defender. The 2.4 and 2.2 Defender engines are totally difference to the equivalent Freelander engines.

Edited by Treewolf
Spelling!

No, the 2012 2.2 Defender engine is a development of the 2.4 "Puma" (Duratorq/Transit engine) and is NOT a Freelander engine. There is actually very little difference indeed between the 2.4 and 2.2 Defender engines; the power and torque is (on paper at least) exactly the same. Main differences is that 2.2 is a "Euro 5" compliant engine whilst the 2.4 was only "Euro 4" for emissions, hence would now be illegal to sell new. The most significant difference is that the 2.2 has a diesel particulate filter on the exhaust, which everyone is predicting will cause untold trouble (like it seems to on many other EU5 engines).

Initial reports on the 2.2 Defender are generally favourable, though there seem to be more turbo/intercooler hose problems than with the 2.4 (possibly the boost pressure is higher).

There has never been an engine that is used in both Freelander and Defender. The 2.4 and 2.2 Defender engines are totally difference to the equivalent Freelander engines.

HI TREE ref new land rover 2.2 the best thing just keep it 3 years and then sale it then it all down to land rover to fix it if you get a new. the best on i had was a 01 reg td5 chip up too 200hp plus far better then my new xs 05 reg was a joke it went in 6 weeks thanks off this weekend too look at a new xs 110 all the best jon