Our wood processor

button1803

Just thought id share with you my father in laws wood processor.

Amazing bit of kit! makes life so much easier than splitting by hand, lift wood on, push forward and watch! :thumbup1:

anybody else have this?

dont know the spec but you can adjust the split, ie into half, splits into 4 logs etc..

5976604c81c31_randoms002.jpg.e75ed223479a393e7b8e52f48017f3d5.jpg

5976604c7e7bd_randoms001.jpg.5c77e6e72c768b10d83c14d6e29ee029.jpg

Yes I have the same machine, a JAPA 700. Been trying to change the blade drive belts tonight after I found one had split and the adjustment is about fully extended. Its a nightmare, very very poorly designed. The PTO gearbox has to be moved to allow enough clearance between the gearbox pulley and the swept hydraulic pipe elbows. Had they used compact elbows instead it would have been far easier.

I would agree it is a nice machine to use, does not want a lot of power, that Ford 4000 will easily run it, produces a nice log but when I change the machine the next one will have far easier belt change or hydraulic drives.

A

belt change on jappa 700 I removed the gearbox and then extend the plate holes it sits in and refit the gear box it will be foward enough to change belts quikly next time i also had to move the the first belt pully to align with the pto drive the pic's are before work . the second pic shows the plate gearbox sit's on and the pully that has to be moved on the shaft i hope this help's I love the jappa it is the only machine I have found that loads from the right as im right handed

20110621.jpg.c3e3d6d4a4defa7b562b3df171405b68.jpg

20110614_13.jpg.a78cd79c8bfbc7f244448d2be09ec3f3.jpg

I have now goy my main belts on but not yet tightened, the single belt coming back driving the conveyer drive is misaligned like yours. My next job is to see if I can turn the pto box slightly to align that belt. Ran out of light last week and not had the chance to get back to it yet.

Are the gearbox rear bolt holes in the frame straightforward 10mm holes or are they oval to allow belt alignment ?. My thoughts are if the single belt is misaligned then so must the triple blade drive set.

A

a

there is a bar at the back of the pto g/box this has a couple of adjustments on it to level the g/b i had not done this when pic was taken also the pully that is out of alignment can be moved along the spindel i have added washers to the pto mount's , to be hornest there are loads of combanations under there

aslong as the pto is not moved left or right on its mount the drive belts will be ok it is when you adjust the drive belt to remove slack you get the misalignment , as i said all the mounts under there are all adjustible , but the only way to get the belt proplem done is to elongate the mounting holes for the pto g/box

if you look at the first pic at the back right hand side you can see the mounting bar and the 2 holes to give you more adjustment hope that helps

Edited by Big Bolt

I have never used a machine without in feed conveyor. Is this a problem does it create more work. I never gave a thought to loading right handed. Having loaded the hakki from the left for the last 6 years would feel strange right to left. your set up would actually suit my yard better.