I messed up!!!

woodytheforester

As all the above but I would give it more than a quick swill depending on how much oil went in and how long it was in there. It can be very sticky stuff and sometimes the fuel can take a bit of time to break it down( this is my experience from swilling out the oil tank with fuel every now and then on the 020s).

So i've been a massive idiot today and at the end of a long hard day I started rushing and put chain oil in my fuel tank!

I poured it out immediately, but im lost on how to fix it.

Really need it for work tomorrow but im aware thats unlikely, form what I understand i need to flush all the lines and carb?

can anyone help please?

Flush out with petrol, pull fuel filter out and swoosh around in petrol also.

I dont talk from experience of course :001_rolleyes::blushing:

Flush out with petrol, pull fuel filter out and swoosh around in petrol also.

I dont talk from experience of course :001_rolleyes::blushing:

I've done this twice that I can recall since 1988.

Both times, just flushed the tank with fuel and refilled it properly.

:thumbup1:

Never done it. However, I heard from some idiot that did, APPARENTLY it went like this;

Tank filled with oil.

Wouldnt start.

Realised mistake.

Emptied tank.

Filled with petrol.

15 minutes of frantic pulling to start it.

What a idiot that bloke was...:blushing:

I did this years ago on a top handled echo which as i recall had the fuel tank by the bar and oil went in the back.

stupid thing wouldn't fire up no matter how many times I primed it !

Same story though, washed out with petrol a few times, ran a bit smokey for abit then fine ..

I did this years ago on a top handled echo which as i recall had the fuel tank by the bar and oil went in the back.

stupid thing wouldn't fire up no matter how many times I primed it !

Same story though, washed out with petrol a few times, ran a bit smokey for abit then fine ..

Did the exact same thing with a newer echo top handled saw last year, for the same reason. Took a few hours messing about with it, took the fuel line out, which luckily had easy access and cleaned that through as well as the tank and eventually got it going fine

Putting a bit of oil in the fuel tank isn't a biggy, done it a few times..... Like you, at the end of a day when your tired. Just flush it out with 2 stroke and fuel it up properly. I worked for a guy and one of his lads topped up the combi can with diesel. Needless to say the saws didn't run too good!